96 Sei Narrowbodied K series 160hp £9,500 DEPOSIT TAKEN

JAD86

Updated as of 21/9 with new photos and additional spec fitted.

After a lot of thought, I’m going to part ways with my ‘96 Q plate SEi. I need something that my newly arrived son and I can enjoy in the future and he’s currently too small for harnesses and bucket seats.

The spec is below - the car has had a massive and costly amount of work done to it since December, as part of a planned overhaul, which is bad timing for me and good timing for the new owner. All completed by Surrey Auto Works, RoughLuckRacing and PT Sportscars.

December;

- new Protech shocks

- full suspension bush replacement and all components re powder coated in black

- new copper fuel lines and replacement hoses from tank, to swirl pot, to engine, to return and new lockable aero fuel filler in black

- new 6 layer MLS head gasket to provide peace of mind (everything checked and refitted) - the package included a cambelt and alternator belt change plus a new waterpump - fitted by mobile K series gurus RoughLuckRacing (superb team!!!)

- new clutch from QED Motorsports, specifically matching 160 BHP output Rover K Series 1.8 to Ford T9 five speed g'box

- full gearbox strip down, clean, repaint in black and all new fluids including brake, oil, coolant, gearbox and diff oils

- new T9 mechanical speedo sender from g’box due to mild misting of oil (common issue)

- mild radiator hose joint leak welded and repainted black

- rare ish Mick Made carbon front splitter and canards + new grill + new LED bike indicators

- alignment after suspension work carried out with print out

- new Harley bike LED headlights with halo DRL

- new Odyssey P680 lightweight battery and cage

Fresh MOT (after lockdown delays) as of 27th August from known 7 style car and K series engine gurus, PT Sportscars. Ian and team have also changed the spark plugs and oil for uprated specs, based on their opinions on state of tune of the engine.

Basic overview;

Westfield SEi

1996 Chassis

Refreshed in 2002

Refreshed again in 2017

Previously owned by Waitey on WSCC who transformed the car from a Sunday drivers car to a track suitable machine in 2018.

14,000 miles

MG/Rover 1.8 VVC 143 K series motor

Caterham spec head

Caterham baffled short sump

MG/Rover ECU and Immobiliser

Updated VVC timing

52mm throttle body

161bhp

Straight cut gearbox with extended first gear (circa 58 in first)

Quaife style extended shift mechanism

Hydraulic clutch conversion with new slave cylinder

Alloy housed 3.9 Westifeld LSD

25l fuel cell

3l swirl pot

Double fuel pumps (new Facet scavenger pump Dec 2019)

Full alloy panelling and flat underfloor.

New in 2018 approx. 3k miles ago;

- M16 52mm dual piston from callipers (more piston area than 4 pots)

- DS2500 pads

- ATE race DOT 4 Fluid

- Tilton top mounted adjustable Pedal box with 3 master cylinders (I'm 6', previous owner is 5'8' - we both fit easily due to adjusting box)

- Pro Race 1.2 wheels with 185/60/13 NS2-R’s

- Dry carbon wings

- Carbon look rear covers from Playskool

- 4" Dominator head lights (LED 5 3/4” now fitted - dominators supplied with car as plug and play)

- Caged full narrowbody cage

- Glass fibre seats with carbon headrest from KitCarDirect and new padding just fitted as per photos

- removable steering wheel attachment and 13" leather Mountney steering wheel

- wide rear view mirror

- custom exhaust box

Bad points;

- I forgot to secure the bonnet latches on my first outing - the bonnet went airborne at 60mph and has scratched the paint upon meeting the tarmac. As the damage is minor paintwork scratches, I haven't looked into respraying it.

- the temperature gauge is temperamental. Oil pressure is spot on for every outing and fans kick in as normal - temperature needle either moves to just below 90'C or doesn't (Ian @ PT advised a solder/shrink wrap joint in the wire is the likely culprit).

The car will be supplied with a Halfords outdoor cover, original leather seats, extra headlamps with bulbs, tonneau cover, full windscreen and aeroscreen setups including wipers, motor, sprayer, pump and washer fluid bag and anything else I can find that the buyer wishes to have from adjustments over the 2.5 years I have had the car.

Any questions, drop me a note. I'm looking for £9,500 for an easy sale as it stands or less if seats, cover, headlights, spares are not of use/interest.

Car is located in New Malden, near Kingston upon Thames.

IMG_7349.jpg

IMG_7348.jpg

IMG_7347.jpg

IMG_7356.jpg

IMG_7354.jpg

IMG_9568.JPG

IMG_7353.jpg

IMG_7350.jpg

IMG_7340.jpg

IMG_7341.jpg

IMG_7342.jpg

IMG_7343.jpg

IMG_7344.jpg

IMG_7345.jpg

IMG_9811.JPG

A note that this is my first kit car/7 style car and it's been incredibly easy to move from fast Audis and BMWs. The switchgear and gearbox/engine combo has made it a great on road newbie car, while the power to weight and setup would please most track aficionados.

• Like 1

Fresh MOT with no advisories. Also worth mentioning I have a spare original set of seats, a tonneau cover and a relatively new outdoor car cover to go with the car. 

I've edited the original listing having had quite a number of enquiries over Facebook on the various forums. Hope this provides the info that is required!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.