Westfield Aero Style fuel cap

Michael Whitworth

image.png.5f8fd8c62ea6608ab6f35fb89860450b.png

I am looking for a fuel cap insert, has anyone got one they want to sell before I buy the full kit from Westfield.

I was hoping to pick one up from other suppliers but I have had 2 that don't fit.
I am not bothered whether it is a locking cap or not.

Looks like you already have a couple of options but I'm thinking of changing my original WF silver one to a black one.

Full kit including two keys.

• Like 1

On 06/08/2020 at 19:17, matthew902 said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262238386819

I believe there was a thread on here some time back that recommended this one, believe it was noted that it is shinier than the original.

That looks like it might be too small, I have messaged them for the cap diameter, I need 3"(76) that fits into a funnel with 4"(102mm).

22 hours ago, Wessex said:

You have pm

Thanks for the offer Malcolm but sadly too small.

1 hour ago, Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

Looks like you already have a couple of options but I'm thinking of changing my original WF silver one to a black one.

Full kit including two keys.

Hi Tim, Do you have any measurements for yours?

Apparently mine is an earlier cap, I have no idea when they changed to the smaller one so the one in the Westfield shop is unlikely to fit anyway.

My car is a 94 model I believe.

1 hour ago, Michael Whitworth said:

That looks like it might be too small, I have messaged them for the cap diameter, I need 3"(76) that fits into a funnel with 4"(102mm).

Thanks for the offer Malcolm but sadly too small.

Hi Tim, Do you have any measurements for yours?

Apparently mine is an earlier cap, I have no idea when they changed to the smaller one so the one in the Westfield shop is unlikely to fit anyway.

My car is a 94 model I believe.

I'm pretty sure mines 3" pcd 6 bolt mounting, 51mm to 57mm stepped fuel hose neck.

I'm surprised your filler is 3" to 4". Maybe you could use a hose for the step change.

• Like 1

Earlier Kit Bodywork, depending on car model, could have loads of differences around the tank/fuel pump/filler area, compared to current much simpler ZK’s.

Many of the non-full kit Zetec models, for instance, used an in tank pump, complex breather pipe/filler neck arrangement, often with carbon canister, and had a flushed in, vented, filler cap.

Unlike ZK’s, which have an external pump, very basic external vent, with roll over valve, and a surface mount, non-vented cap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

I'm pretty sure mines 3" pcd 6 bolt mounting, 51mm to 57mm stepped fuel hose neck.

I'm surprised your filler is 3" to 4". Maybe you could use a hose for the step change.

The problem is the size/diameter of the mounting plate/ring If I use a smaller one the hole in the bodywork will be too big.

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Earlier Kit Bodywork, depending on car model, could have loads of differences around the tank/fuel pump/filler area, compared to current much simpler ZK’s.

Many of the non-full kit Zetec models, for instance, used an in tank pump, complex breather pipe/filler neck arrangement, often with carbon canister, and had a flushed in, vented, filler cap.

Unlike ZK’s, which have an external pump, very basic external vent, with roll over valve, and a surface mount, non-vented cap.

You are not wrong but I find this is true with most bits on our little cars, as you mentioned in another thread about valuing a Westfield "No 2 are the same"

I ordered a 3" cap from Burton Power that fitted the Hole but when locked it did not seat and you could move cap in and out about 5 mm. So it looks like I will have to send that back and order the same part but with the flange.

https://www.burtonpower.com/aero-fuel-filler-cap-3-cap-8-hole-x-4-pcd-flange-moccap2.html  @ £79.90 incl VAT.

image.png.bb6020f3e0099397fd3585cd09ad97f8.png

This looks like the same item Made by Newton Equipment.

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/flush-fitting-fuel-cap-120mm-diameter-cap2 @ £98.27 incl VAT

image.png.31692370b1682f95f395dd95cc00242e.png

Burtons Part is listed as a Mocal Aeroquip product but the cap they sent me had a label for Think Automotive Ltd But was in a Newton Equipment box.

Thats some multi tier distribution. I bet the part only costs £1 to make. lol

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.