LED Headlights

Rich8977

Rich8977

Has anyone used these from Car Builder Solutions, they will fit in the 5 3/4” headlights, would the car pass an MOT with these fitted ? They look identical to the ones Westfield are selling for £750 a pair, these are replacement sealed units £130 each

Thoughts?

Rich

211741D3-75E9-4F6A-B656-81CF786E37F8.png

Hmm, interesting, can't help but I too am interested.

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of the Westfield LED headlights that Rich mentions? The Westfield web notes they are IVA compatible but I'm yet to be convinced. 

andyj007

got mine from ali express for £7 a side from china, same or certainly look same  as the  on ebay for 100 plus pounds or toybox use. 

three weeks delivery.. briliant lights , did away with the indicator pods too :)

CraigHew
1 hour ago, andyj007 said:

got mine from ali express for £7

Blimey, do they melt in the rain?

If not other resellers are having a serious laugh selling them for 1000's % profit margins...

• Like 1
Rich8977

These are not the same lights as I have put on, need some feed back on the LED lights from Westfield 

andyj007
14 hours ago, CraigHew said:

Blimey, do they melt in the rain?

If not other resellers are having a serious laugh selling them for 1000's % profit margins...

all you got to do is ask where there manufactured.. when ordering uk ones for mega ££ .. the westfield ones i dont know sorry op , but knowing westfield if you can find out who the original suppiler is they will be in stock and 50% cheaper no doubt

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary
2 hours ago, andyj007 said:

if you can find out who the original suppiler is they will be in stock and 50% cheaper no doubt

Someone did, they were f#$%ing dear, and not much less than the Westfield price. But then you knew they were going to be when the web site started waxing on about bespoke hand made headlights. The Caterham equivalent is also really expensive.

There's a huge range in quality of the product coming Fromm a china, there's some very nicely made, decent quality, long lasting product, and there's some absolutely horrific tat that more or less eat their own diodes every time they see current. Price isn't always a guide as to which is which, either.

You pays your money and makes your choice. 

Also from Ali Express, just be aware of the lamp versions that include DRL lights.

They can be configured to provide high/low beam, indicator an DRL, but check how your going to control them.

Don’t assume that any cheap DRL Controller Is going to work, I’ve actually built my own, but it’s a bit complicated if your not technically minded as I got a pit p******** off with crap from China.

Know somebody found a better solution on here a while ago with a new Relay, worth a look.

As said these LED lights have a lot of different options, so don't assume they are a direct swap.

HOWEVER one of the best upgrades, so well worth it.

Im keeping the original lights for mine, although lent out to my buddy Andy, for his build until he gets through his IVA, so when I get to MOT time, I’ve designed them to be a simple swap-out.

Mine have a marking on the LED glass, which I’m hoping would also be legal markings, but the question of what an MOT tester is going to think Still remains.

BugMan

:orange-westy:

I still have the dominators on mine, separate indicators which I would want to keep, but if I could get a replacement unit in a similar style which gave a nice beam pattern and didn't need repainting every 4-5years I would be well up for that! Or alternatively some LED H4 bulbs for the dominators, if they could end up with an OK beam pattern?

Not a great fan of the 'halo lights' on our cars, but also thing of all the cars they would suit a DLR as they are low and often not well seen.

Daniel

Branded for Harley motorbike seem to have been used by a few people, but only in the standard Westfield size, not sure about the Dominators.

Know lots of mixed feelings about “China” suppliers, but gives you some ideas about understanding what is available, just remember delivery times and possible postage

£15.36  15% Off | 5.75" Motorcycle LED Headlight Bulb for Harley Dyna Sportster Victory Triumph Indian Motor HeadLamp Halo DRL Amber Turn Light
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BPv1jy

I have bought lots of stuff from here, and you will find things on UK web sights, actually available here for a fraction of the price.

BugMan

:orange-westy:

I would happily move over to LED if I could keep the 4" Dominator size - I just like the small units. It would be even better if they had integrated indicators so I could lose the Caterham-style indicator pods under the lights

I've done a fair bit of searching and I've only ever seen 5.75" units

Scotty72
16 minutes ago, NigelO said:

I've done a fair bit of searching and I've only ever seen 5.75" units

Me too. Been trying to find dominators with LED but here is nothing out there.

Tried LED H4 Bulb in mine but ended up blinding everybody so just fitted some phillips +50% brighter bulbs which made an improvement.