Thames Valley Meet

Steven Thorne

Hello WSCC member,

I hope you are all keeping well.

The time has come for us to carefully recommence our meets. To reduce the amount of interactions it has been suggested that we go for a drive.

The plan is to meet at the Bird in Hand RG10 9UP this Sunday at 12:00 and will be leaving at 12:30 for a drive around the local roads (we don't have a set planned route yet so feel free to volunteer or just follow me/Steve).

We will stop at The Chequers in Fingest RG9 6QD where we will have a table or two booked in their big garden for those who want a drink or eat so please let us know if you are coming.

It should go without saying but if you are feeling unwell or have recently been in contact with anyone who has shown symptoms please do not hesitate to stay at home or go for your own drive privately. Please don't take any risks as you don't know who others might be caring for. As part of this please can everyone remember to respected each others personal space and the government guidelines at the time.

Magazine:
While we haven't met I'm sure there are a few of you who have been  maintaining or working on your Westfield. With the copy date of the Westfield World Magazine coming up Friday 21st August it would be great to share with the wider community. 
Please send me back a few words by Wednesday 19th August so I can collate for the area section.

You don't need to write a whole article but if you want to write one that's always very welcome. A few sentences about what you have done and why you did it is interested for other people to read and maybe get ideas from. If you have any photos to accompany the words that's even better. 

If you not a person of words but have a picture of your car feel free to send them to me.

Drive fast and safe,
Tim Reid and Steve Thorne

Hi Steve(Tim),

Will try to get out to meet, not worried about food, drive around sound good but not a clue as to route(shame the old airfield no longer there as was good for fooling about).

keep em peeled 👀 Jim

I've had the following confirmed:

Tim

Martin Garrett +1
Dave Lythgoe

Simon and Janie

Tim Kirk (maybe)

Jim and Mary (drive only)

Alan (subject to fuses)

Carlie (running behind us with dash cam to capture blat footage)

Hi Tim/Steve

Just checking - did you get my email? I will plan on joining you to pick people’s brains about a future kit purchase.

See you Sunday. 

Steve

Hi Steve,

I think I might have but I did accidentally delete a few (partly why I started this list). Very sorry and look forward to meeting you on Sunday.

Updated list:

Tim

Martin Garrett +1
Dave Lythgoe

Simon and Janie

Tim Kirk (maybe)

Jim and Mary (drive only)

Alan (subject to fuses)

Carlie (running behind us with dash cam to capture blat footage)

Steve (with a brain picking device for knowledge extraction)

Prepare for photo spamming - still need to get the video downloaded :)

Won't let me upload the group ones so these are in an album in members car's

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Tim - thanks for organising the run on Sunday. It was great to meet everyone, pick their brains and get some ideas for my build - plenty to think about. And thanks to Carlie for all the photos!

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1