SEIW Wanted on 2L Zetec or Duratec with TB’s - SORTED

AngliaWestie

Hi there!

My first post here and a brand new member so hi all! I have been perusing the forums for hours on end and have also invested some time talking to a few experts out in the field to understand exactly what I want. My Plan A is sorting something through Toybox to the exact spec I’d like but also wanted to put the feelers out for anything that might be up for sale through WSCC members.

I’m after a wide body running on a 2L engine, preferably Zetec or newer with throttle bodies and ECU. Not a deal breaker but would also prefer lowered floor pan. Budget is £10k-£14k. Willing to travel anywhere in mainland GB.

Thanks and look forward to being a participating member of the community once I’ve got the wheels!!

2 hours ago, AngliaWestie said:

Hi there!

My first post here and a brand new member so hi all! I have been perusing the forums for hours on end and have also invested some time talking to a few experts out in the field to understand exactly what I want. My Plan A is sorting something through Toybox to the exact spec I’d like but also wanted to put the feelers out for anything that might be up for sale through WSCC members.

I’m after a wide body running on a 2L engine, preferably Zetec or newer with throttle bodies and ECU. Not a deal breaker but would also prefer lowered floor pan. Budget is £10k-£14k. Willing to travel anywhere in mainland GB.

Thanks and look forward to being a participating member of the community once I’ve got the wheels!!

Welcome and I’d like to congratulate you on such a great choice of car . Plan B gets  you much more car for your money ,be it bought here or elsewhere ,you’ll always pay a premium at a dealer .They only buy smart and polish up ,ad graphics possibly wheels if needed  then put on their mark up .If you source a good one you can do it all yourself  it’s easier than you think and you can save a bit ,your at the best place to get advice .

Welcome and good luck with your search as above plan B will give you a lot more choice and options to make your own changes upgrades later

good luck

12 hours ago, Weekend Warrior said:

They only buy smart and polish up ,ad graphics possibly wheels if needed  then put on their mark up

To be fair they often do more than just a bit of spit n polish - and will have a selection of cars in one place to look at and try. 

Of course they will be dearer, but you pay your money and make you choice. 😁

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AngliaWestie said:

Hi there!

PM replied to.

Thanks for all the messages etc! Delighted to have found a fantastic community and hopefully a fantastic car shortly!!

• Like 1

As you’re in Essex pop along to our meet Sunday 10:00am at Hanningfield Cafe on the Water.   There’ll be a few cars to peruse and all different.

Itll be unlikely you’ll find exactly what you want but close enough.  You can always make it your own later, we all do. 

Hi @SootySport sorry I only just saw this! Will definitely try and get along to the next one... I’m on the North essex border so not far away.

Never mind,. It's every 2nd Sunday of the month and you can be an active member before you find the right car. 

There is also s What's App group for local chit chat, ask Tim Essex if you want to participate.

Welcome aboard!

I bought a ToyBox having spoken to Andrew and scoped out my spec and budget and have been really pleased with it - yes it was more expensive than this forum  and ebay etc, but I wanted a bit of dealer support (and I have had and continue to have great support from Andrew and Dale).

However, I would also echo what has been said above...this forum is excellent for distilling what you really want and then as if by magic someone has one for sale or knows someone and the deed is done. If I had known then what I know now I would have been far more comfortable buying from the good folks here, and will probably do so next time... 

Furthermore, if you can't find the perfect match, then this is the place to come for ideas and help in 'adjusting' your new toy towards your ideal...I say towards, as invariably perfect keeps moving away too!

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/08/2020 at 20:14, AngliaWestie said:

Hi there!

This is a great unit, ticks several of your boxes, and will give you A LOT more for the money that what a toybox car will offer...

Just saing.

I know this car BTW, is not a random Adv.

Yes... sorry catching up on correspondence but yes all sorted now as per Chris' post!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.