S2000 cooling problems.

Barnsley John

just a quick video of the idea ian bagpuss suggested for the cooling fan and a led  visual indicator when fan kicks  in

one idea as suggested within this post earlier  so i thought why not  

I chose a 12 v prewired ultabright flashing orange one for  my preference     e bay 4 for under a fiver  and that's correct

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LukeW

• Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

• CosKev

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would try using a very small amount of light lube on the rubber seal under the cap. I found that mine had so much grip that it was very difficult to tighten the plastic cap properly. I put a very th

But on long leads times, due to numerous businesses wishing to light up the foreheads of customers etc.

Hi Luke,   Rather than disturb yours. Let me check mine which is off the car in the garage. I'll then advise how impeller is fixed to shaft etc.   I should be able to do this tomor

Posted Images

Right then we have an update and a more promising looking resolution. 

After a couple of Trackday outings the car survived with its heating issue. 

My attention then turned to my cracked exhaust which became noticeable at oulton park. 

I eventually found a place to make me a new link pipe minus the cat.

This is what was found 😱0B004AAE-121A-4CA3-AD2B-C5A5CA6A49B2.thumb.jpeg.10cbc7473b33941737adccbcc976b423.jpeg

0045D476-5755-471D-8B35-82A31A410C51.thumb.jpeg.05548ae85d7b93d7b9551070cf561c97.jpeg

after having the new link pipe fitted it was off to the rolling road to check maps and see if anything was  amiss inside the engine that would cause my over heating issue. 

After a morning with Ben at Bhp performance I got the car back with great results and more importantly temps not running over 94 unless stopped stationary for a few minutes. Then cooling straight back down to the 90/91 when moving. 

Lets see see how we go from here now. Fingers crossed. 

Just need @Julie Hall - Peak District AO To allow me into her group of 6 for some test drives and cake 👍🏼

and of course the print out because nobody will believe my power output otherwise 😝 plus everyone loves a graph! 

image.png.861a6d221c90647de09d8e041bcc2752.png

not it bad for NA on a stock throttle body 💪🏼

• Like 3
Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

Great figure. I'm not clear on what's been found and it's relationship to over heating though? Has Ben adjusted the map at all? 

Fingers crossed it behaves now.

CraigHew
2 minutes ago, CosKev said:

152 lb ft of torque🤭🤣😳

No wonder

@Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

's car couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding!😝

Im sure @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO's car could rattle the skin off one tho...😁

• Haha 2
27 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

I'm not clear on what's been found and it's relationship to over heating

The cracks in link pipe were before lambda sensor, would have effected the fuelling somewhat as sensor would be picking up more air.

then the map today was showing lean under part throttle and rich under full throttle so all that has been altered to now suit. 

Lets see how we go I guess, just the small matter of the oil pressure sensor now that’s constantly flashing at plus 7bar 😂

2 minutes ago, LukeW said:

The cracks in link pipe were before lambda sensor, would have effected the fuelling somewhat as sensor would be picking up more air.

then the map today was showing lean under part throttle and rich under full throttle so all that has been altered to now suit. 

Ahah, all makes sense now

2 minutes ago, LukeW said:

Lets see how we go I guess, just the small matter of the oil pressure sensor now that’s constantly flashing at plus 7bar 😂

Have you changed the formula since we last spoke? Was Ben able to check oil pressure?

Have altered it to the 3wire from drop down but no better 

checked earths and resistors again yesterday and everything remain normal on dash display when on the driveway. 

Out on a run when it happens I can wiggle around the resistors but it doesn’t effect the read outs. 

Wasnt able to check pressure today with gauge but, pretty sure at over 7bar there would be oil all over the place underneath the bonnet and the filter would no longer be in tact?! 

22 minutes ago, LukeW said:

Have altered it to the 3wire from drop down but no better 

checked earths and resistors again yesterday and everything remain normal on dash display when on the driveway. 

Out on a run when it happens I can wiggle around the resistors but it doesn’t effect the read outs. 

You have removed the 910ohm pull up from this channel? Not needed if using 3 wire sender.

8 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

You have removed the 910ohm pull up from this channel?

Yeah this was removed,

was going to re check my soldering inside the heat shield that connects new sensors to new cabelling but can’t see that being an issue.

thought I’d found it yesterday on the 5v pickup connection so remade all them off and soldered up made a solid connection but still acted the same today! 

Julie Hall - Peak District AO
2 hours ago, LukeW said:

allow me into her group of 6 for some test drives and cake

Glad to hear that you have made good progress on your car Luke. I am sat back watching and waiting to see how the group of 6 works, especially now it is a legal requirement, as soon as I figure it out you will be top of my list I promise.

I have been talking to Matt, the manager at Hassop Station Cafe tonight and he asked if we were all coming on Sunday morning. My answer was along the lines that it is not good for  both our club and his establishment's reputation if we turn up en masse, a table of 6 over here and a table of 6 over there. People are not stupid, they know you are together and they all have a camera on their phone.

Be sure that we will go out, when we do we will be COVID safe and legal, we WILL do it.

• Like 3
Scotty72
12 hours ago, Julie Hall - Peak District AO said:

Glad to hear that you have made good progress on your car Luke. I am sat back watching and waiting to see how the group of 6 works, especially now it is a legal requirement, as soon as I figure it out you will be top of my list I promise.

I have been talking to Matt, the manager at Hassop Station Cafe tonight and he asked if we were all coming on Sunday morning. My answer was along the lines that it is not good for  both our club and his establishment's reputation if we turn up en masse, a table of 6 over here and a table of 6 over there. People are not stupid, they know you are together and they all have a camera on their phone.

Be sure that we will go out, when we do we will be COVID safe and legal, we WILL do it.

Don't forget me!

Julie Hall - Peak District AO
1 hour ago, Scotty72 said:

Don't forget me!

How ever possibly in the whole world can a girl forget a Honda Boy - ON the list👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Julie Hall - Peak District AO said:

How ever possibly in the whole world can a girl forget a Honda Boy - ON the list👍

Do Honda boys only come out when it's sunny a few times a year and Honda Men come out rain or shine 😉 ?

• Haha 1
Scotty72
51 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Do Honda boys only come out when it's sunny a few times a year and Honda Men come out rain or shine 😉 ?

I'm not sure, I don't know any Honda "Men" that do the peak district runs 🤔 😜

• Haha 3