Peak District Meet, Sat 1st Aug, 9am

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Glad you're new rad is a success @Julie Hall - Peak District AO

Here's a few pics from me of a good morning out. Didn't enjoy the drive home through Wetton Mill- too many people who can't drive or park!

image.png.9d8d3d04dd01fe578d4aec3d63779143.png

image.png.46bb7f2bd4c17a050d37d94d93e4463f.png

image.png.9b22dac5f6ac8ff63a48377fa68264d6.png

• Like 3

That's a good photo of the Bull I Thorn @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO. Wetton Mill, full of dopey tourists, avoid it like the plague, or do we say virus now?

• Haha 1

Shame I missed out! 

Everywhere was like Piccadilly Circus on Thursday too! Hope, Castleton, Baslow etc were all at a standstill 😡

Wales was just as bad in places on Friday... The A5 was like a motor home convoy near Llangollen, thank god for the occasional short straight and the VTEC 😂

• Like 2

Looks a great day. Shame I was too busy pulling apart mine to try  and find something wrong with my cooling system. 

@Julie Hall - Peak District AO I’m glad your new rad gave you nice cool temps unlike what mine saw for the past week 😢

Now i I know meets are up and running again I will be keeping a close eye on the forum, looking forward to seeing everyone again plus some of the great cakes of the peaks! 

@AndrewBClarke what app are you using to show historical routes? 

• Like 1

@LukeW

I’ve fitted a tracker which gives these details via a phone app. A £20 special via Amazon with the extra cost of a SIM card. Brilliant little thing. It even sends me a message to tell me the ignition is turned on. There is a report about it and the installation on here under tech talk back in Feb this year. Simple but effective. 

• Thanks 1