Peak District Meet, Sat 1st Aug, 9am

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at The Bull I Thorn, Ashbourne Road, Hurdlow, Buxton, SK17 9QQ at 9am on Saturday 1st August 2020.

This Covid 19 secure venue serves breakfast from 8am and even has a campsite attached if you want to make a weekend of it.

It is on the A515 Buxton to Ashbourne road, the next turning North of Tagg Lane. There are 3 entrances into the same car park, so if you overshoot don't worry!

Really look forward to seeing you there, who is coming?

Julie 

• Like 3

Sorry a no from me..we have visitors.

Have a good time.

Only one breakfast each  for Billy and Glen ..

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry it's a no from me. Scaffolding arriving tomorrow and need to make the most of the good weather to get the house painted before I have to go back to work 

Have fun

• Sad 2

Ah, sorry, can’t do Saturday, family (Zoom) wedding to attend, have fun!

• Sad 2

Sorry @Julie Hall - Peak District AO I can't make this weekend.

Thought you'd like to know that I got very bored during lockdown and part exchanged the 2019 Porsche Cayman for a 2019 Porsche 911 4S (992 - new style). The main dealer was trying to raise cash I think as I got a very good deal on a car that less than a year ago cost £118,000!!

0-60 in 3.4s so I might now be able to keep up with @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO 🤞

Hope all is well with you guys and hope to see you soon.

• Haha 3

I would love to come for my first trip round the peaks but this Saturday is no good for me. 

Hope to see you all out there soon though.

• Sad 1

I will keep an eye on them @Trevturtle, they will definitely 'Go Large' they aren't even aware that a breakfast comes in a 'Small' size.

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary I am trying to visualise that one, a Zoom Wedding, do you wear a suit, shirt and tie etc?

@neptune @Andy_R @Si.Dalziel hope to see you all soon

@AndrewBClarke and @BillyPee set those alarm clocks!

• Like 3

Thanks @Julie Hall - Peak District AO Alarm for 6.15am. Start up at 6.45am. 2.10 hour drive to meeting point. Better fill up with fuel on Friday otherwise I’ll be late! Looking forward to it. 😀🚙🚙🚙

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Andy_R said:

Thought you'd like to know that I got very bored during lockdown and part exchanged the 2019 Porsche Cayman for a 2019 Porsche 911 4S (992 - new style). The main dealer was trying to raise cash I think as I got a very good deal on a car that less than a year ago cost £118,000!!

Very, nice We'll have to rename our group as the Porsche District! 

17 hours ago, Andy_R said:

0-60 in 3.4s so I might now be able to keep up with @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO 🤞

Ha ha, with 4 wheel drive, you'll be fine!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Andy_R said:

I might now be able to keep up with @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO 🤞

As sadly, all that's needed to do that currently, is a car with a working alternator, it's not as much of a challenge as it should be!

(Too soon? :p )

:getmecoat:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

As sadly, all that's needed to do that currently, is a car with a working alternator, it's not as much of a challenge as it should be!

:getmecoat:

My alternator works fine in Andy's car as does the one in my Westie, even with a broken top or bottom mount it still charges!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Ha ha, with 4 wheel drive, you'll be fine!

4WD makes a huge difference compared with a 'normal' 911. Still gets a little happy on the corners but in a good way ... not a hospital visit kind of way!

Plus it's a 2+2 so I was able to tell the better half it's actually a family car 🤪

• Haha 3