Cheshire & N. Staffs first Post Lockdown actual meet! 6th August.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Now that Government advice, with respect to Club/Organisations meeting up has been updated, I’m pleased to say, that provided the weather is OK, we will be having our first post-lockdown meet, 7.30pm at the Golden Pheasant, Plumley.

Do, PLEASE check the forum on the day, before leaving though, as if the weather should be really bad, we may have to resort to our Skype meeting, instead.

• Like 2

@Andy Wallwork have you seen this? I'm unlikely to be out to play as it's the wife's birthday, sorry!

I’m hoping to get the night as a late start if not off completely. If I can I will come for a drive. I won’t know till Wednesday though.

• Like 1

What's the planned format, get yourself a drink, and sit/stand outside with the cars?

Went to the first post-lock down 'Wirral and North Wales' meet at the Tudor Rose last night which went well.

Fixed outdoor seating meant we where at either in a set of four at 1m distance, or a good 3m away, but a few of us had or own folding chairs or took one from inside, so we could get the 10 of us at approx 2m nominals. Couldnt join the run-out beforehand as my car is still in bits, but we had around 5 westfields in the carpark.

Daniel

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dhutch said:

What's the planned format, get yourself a drink, and sit/stand outside with the cars?

Exactly that.

hmm, camp chair bringing is a good call!

Looks good to get along for a few hours so long as the weather is good and nothing goes wrong throughout the day.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Exactly that.

hmm, camp chair bringing is a good call!

Sounds like a plan, will attend if I can. 

Daniel

A section of Plumley Moor Road has been closed all week, I think it doesn't re-open until tomorrow or Saturday. If you are coming to the Golden Pheasant from Lower Peover direction when you hit the roadworks turn left then first right, this will bring you to the mini roundabout just before the pub. Map attached.

Divert.jpg

Thanks for the update Mark!

Sorry can’t make tonight after all. See you all soon. 

• Sad 1

Great evening, really nice to meet everyone and have a good chat about cars, engineering, and life after working for jcb.....

Cheers!

• Like 4