Westie wanted- CAR BOUGHT!

RS250

Hi. 

I am looking for a westie. Needs to be road registered, motd ideally with heater and wet gear. Don't really want a project car as time is short with my building projects so just want to get out and about in it. Anything considered within 50 miles of Reading area. 

Hi - with respect, you should consider widening your search radius if you already have a decent idea of what you're looking for.

Westies for sale are pretty thin on the ground at the best of times, so limiting your search is going to seriously limit your options.

One of your other posts mentioned that you were looking for "a cheapie" - an idea of budget will help, as one man's cheapie is another man's extravagance. As @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO mentioned on another thread, 200+ bhp cars don't tend to fall into the "cheapie" category. As Ian also mentioned, you don't need 200+ bhp to get a quick Westie. Mine with 'just' 170bhp will happily stay with a BMW M140 in a straight line (up to about 100) but put a corner in the mix and the BM is toast. All you need to do is choose your trackdays wisely. Cadwell would be better than Silverstone, for example.

On 21/07/2020 at 15:27, NigelO said:

Hi - with respect, you should consider widening your search radius if you already have a decent idea of what you're looking for.

Westies for sale are pretty thin on the ground at the best of times, so limiting your search is going to seriously limit your options.

One of your other posts mentioned that you were looking for "a cheapie" - an idea of budget will help, as one man's cheapie is another man's extravagance. As @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO mentioned on another thread, 200+ bhp cars don't tend to fall into the "cheapie" category. As Ian also mentioned, you don't need 200+ bhp to get a quick Westie. Mine with 'just' 170bhp will happily stay with a BMW M140 in a straight line (up to about 100) but put a corner in the mix and the BM is toast. All you need to do is choose your trackdays wisely. Cadwell would be better than Silverstone, for example.

Yep good point  happy to travel further a field. 

Budget would be 5 to 25k. If a lower powered cheapie came up close by or I could get to see easily i would probably snap it up. 

Not to fussed for it for track really as I have a car for that.

Just fancy the westie experience

13 hours ago, RS250 said:

Yep good point  happy to travel further a field. 

Budget would be 5 to 25k. If a lower powered cheapie came up close by or I could get to see easily i would probably snap it up. 

Not to fussed for it for track really as I have a car for that.

Just fancy the westie experience

That's a hell of a budget range. For £5k you'd get a pretty basic Westie - something with a Pinto or CVH and quite "ordinary" running gear. Possibly needing a bit of cosmetic work too.

For £25k you'll get a near-new Sport250 or an absolutely amazing Mega S2000 (like the red one at Toybox)

The sweet spot of spec / age / price appears to be a well-sorted Duratec-powered car on throttle bodies with a good map on a mainstream ECU, with plenty of nice running gear, a well-sorted interior and a few blingy carbon bits - price around £12k - £15k

Good luck with the search - I'm pretty confident you'll enjoy the experience - my previous toy was a 480+ bhp Fiat Coupe, which I still own, but I have much more fun in my Westie (until it rains...)

How about a trip to Toy Box? At least there you can see a variety of Westies, all road-ready and good to go.

You may as well take the train up (and your wallet), take your pick of the bunch, and drive home with a silly grin on your face.:) 

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.