Narrow body project

Bolt

Hi all,

Looking to sell a project car - please say if this is the wrong section!  It is a road registered vehicle but being rebuilt. Sad times but having my first child and moving house and the Mrs wont allow me to keep it anymore... Based near Evesham.

See the pictures and hopefully these show the parts and state of the car.....

The car did have a cross flow engine so now installing an ST220 engine with Type 9 gear box.  I have a full loom, ECU, keys and the instrument cluster from a donor car.  Would recommend 'simplifying the loom' - I know there is someone offering this service on eBay .  I have most parts to complete but needs new coil overs, seats, battery and would recommend new alloy sheets around the engine bay and new carpets (I have the old ones though).  I am sure I am missing more parts but cannot think at the moment!

I have no idea of the value but thought I would come here before hitting eBay...

I also have a hardtop.  I am looking to sell this separately but have included the pictures.

Thanks in advance and any advice on pricing would be greatly appreciated! 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Wow, Only ever seen 1 other set of roof / doors for sale and that was yonks ago
glwts

4 hours ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Wow, Only ever seen 1 other set of roof / doors for sale and that was yonks ago
glwts

Thanks! Any idea how much the last set went for? Ha

8 hours ago, RobT said:

Cor.. what's that roof and doors all about. They're amazing

Definitely very unusual! Was planning to create a mold and copy but a typical project I did not progress with...

59 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Sorry no I can’t remember but it was a white set down Devon way iirc

there was a bit of discussion about them at the time, definitely interesting though

theres been a few topics on them and had a quick search and I think it was yourself who replied a while back saying you had one!!! Lol

comment was made That there were only a handful made 

That one looks slightly different from the one the factory publicised when they first floated it for wide-bodied models so it’s probably a homemade attempt, but it’s a rare beast nonetheless:

899D88E3-F0EB-4928-AECC-C006BE6E6571.jpeg

Hi Bolt,

Been thinking about getting back into Westfield ownership for a while and building a road-legal hillclimb car with potential for day trips round the Cotswolds.

Your project car look like it fits the bill.

One quick question does the car come with a V5? If it does, do the numbers match the plates on the car?

I only ask as have heard that old Westfields sometimes do not have matching V5 and chassis plate.

Thanks....Paul

• Like 2

Hi Paul - I have PM'd my contact number.  But yes - I have lots of paperwork behind it!  

What would you want for the hard top, it’s certainly unusual

On 20/07/2020 at 20:44, Bolt said:

£10, I think😜

The hard tops (factory version) are so incredibly rare, I think it may have been fewer than six prototypes made, that there isn’t really a “price”, it’s just down to what some one will offer, and what the buyer will accept..

They were so incredibly rare though because they were so problematic in nature to make fit, unless done while at the car building/body fitting stage, combined with very low demand at the price they cost to develop.

Really interesting for rarity value though, would love to see someone make one work.

On 25/07/2020 at 08:22, Martin Letts - AO Hampshire and Isle of Wight said:

£10, I think😜

Ha ha.

On 25/07/2020 at 08:20, Martin Letts - AO Hampshire and Isle of Wight said:

What would you want for the hard top, it’s certainly unusual

I don't know. Never has an offer on it!  I would accept £500 I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Please delete if this is not allowed.

Just as update I ended up putting the hardtop on eBay - 184387436835.  Ends tomorrow if anyone is interested!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.