My new Westfield SE Zetec module build

Benrobson2999

1 hour ago, Benrobson2999 said:

Today the postman delivered the V5 wooo hoo! Off to buy some plates

Brilliant! Now to enjoy the fruits of all that hard work.

• Like 1

Cheers for everyone’s help on this forum. I definitely would not by stood here grinning from ear to ear without all your input and advice

7FBA8D52-E8B0-49F3-8F9D-7364EA19AF28.jpeg

• Like 5

Congratulations - and I see the weather is better than you had for the IVA!

• Haha 1

Well having done a fair few miles of running in the last couple of days I have been playing around with damper settings as the front was really bouncy.  It appeared to be on zero so that makes sense! I could have sworn I set it higher in the build.

anyway I read somewhere do the fronts first, start at about 4 clicks clock wise from zero.

straight away it felt nicer over the bumpy UK country lanes. I went up to 6 and then back to 5.

next I will try the rears. Any idea of a good place to start, not sure what Iam on haven’t checked yet.

Also, Iam am going to invest in having the geometry set up properly in the near future as I know it’s not spot on and I’ve heard stories of it transforming the car. Coupe of hundred quid well spent I reckon.

Damper Update- 7 clicks on the front and 4 clicks on the rears feels ok to me. 

I may raise the car slightly for these poor UK roads as when fully fueled with a passenger I ground out on the seat bolt stud at one point over a cambered bit of road.

I am however thoroughly enjoying the drive and getting to know the car now. It gets lots of smiles and attention from passers by. 

I have done just over 500 miles so now it’s time for an oil and filter change.

• Like 3

I don’t mean to start another what oil question but my plan is-

1/ change oil to a 10-40 semi synthetic now at 500 miles (as below link)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Millers-Oils-NANODRIVE-CSS-10w-40-10w40-Semi-Synthetic-Engine-Oil-5-Litres-5L-/182450786725?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

2/ Then at 1000 miles change to a 10-40 fully synthetic oil and also a new filter 

3/ Then at 2000 miles change to a fully synthetic 10-40 oil and new filter.

does that sound ok?

On 18/11/2021 at 18:39, Benrobson2999 said:

Also, Iam am going to invest in having the geometry set up properly in the near future as I know it’s not spot on and I’ve heard stories of it transforming the car. Coupe of hundred quid well spent I reckon.

Absolutely! And use someone who knows Westfield's well; it's the difference between a well set up car, and a great car that fit's you and you're driving style well.

• Like 1

1st service 500 miles-

It took 4.5 ltrs on 10w-40 semi synthetic

I replaced filter with like for like Wix WL7064  filter.

The old oil wasn’t too bad, nothing untoward.

I ran it at idle and within 20-30 secs pressure quickly went back up.

now to enjoy another 500 miles a bit quicker 😎

165809C7-69FC-4007-AFB1-42BDF81415BF.jpeg

B6EA28C6-E4CA-4950-9214-0BEA6CEB2472.jpeg

• Like 5