Warwickshire Area Meeting 16th July

Martyn Vann - Warwickshire AO

After a very long wait it's now possible to have our first face to face meeting since the start of lockdown. We have booked a table in the name of WSCC in order that we can order drinks for delivery to us in our usual car park position. If the weather is not so good we can use the outdoor seating area.

The Falcon, Birmingham Road, Hatton, Thursday 16th July, from around 7.30pm.

Unfortunately Sue and are likely to be late due to our work but we will be there as soon as we can, see you there.

I will be there, as its a rare time my shifts allow me to attend, be good to see a few faces and a few Westies 👍 (Socially distanced of course)

• Like 1

Unfortunately my wife has a meeting so I'm babysitting 😪 if she finishes early I may be able to make an appearance but it's unlikely, I'll do my best though

• Like 1

As I’m still shielding until next month at the earliest, I’m afraid I can’t join the fun this month.  Have a good meet! :)

4 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

As I’m still shielding until next month at the earliest, I’m afraid I can’t join the fun this month.  Have a good meet! :)

Thanks Scott, look forward to catching up with you as soon as it is wise to do so!

• Like 1

We'll come along to this.

Does anyone know if they will be serving food.

• Like 1

@PaulT mentioned the meeting at the weekend.....and as I’m such a miserable antisocial curmudgeon, I thought maybe I should try and make the supreme effort and attend one day......so let Thursday be that day. I think I my have been to The Falcon once for a meeting in the distant past??

• Like 2

Good news for me....Mrs T's meeting cancelled 😁.....see you all Thursday

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mikew123 said:

We'll come along to this.

Does anyone know if they will be serving food.

I believe they are, we did state drinks only but I'm sure that a food order would be fine. You could give them a call to confirm.

Great 1st meeting since lockdown. Thanks to our regulars

for coming and great to see some new faces too. Hopefully Mike and Jane will become regulars too and maybe Chris will also try to join us more often?

Great turn out of ten Westfields plus others in tin tops. Chris' car looks great in it's non standard colour, it certainly stands out in the line up.

IMG_2321.thumb.JPG.988a6dd8defc047e1c80fb7598eb2e27.JPG

IMG_2322.thumb.JPG.6f1a70bdb5cb8037c25e6e8f505b3623.JPG

IMG_2323.thumb.JPG.c03c889d0a6866182e6fae0394119edb.JPG

IMG_2324.thumb.JPG.2c9fbe32be406785c26578eea266c6bf.JPG

IMG_2325.thumb.JPG.cdf38697489fcb79d186beeff2732768.JPG

• Like 1

Good to get out and finally see some other westies and new faces 👍🏼.

I’m with the majority @corsechris stunning colour and a fantastic example.

For those that heard me talking about me attempting the 3Peaks challenge in August, here’s my shameless plug, and my fundraising page, should any of you wish to add some pennies to the pot;

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Luke-Wyatt3

The 4 of us are raising money for Moter Neurone Disease Association. 

• Like 3

Sent you a donation Luke, MNDA is a great cause, the guy who taught me how to build engines as an apprentice died very suddenly of MND so it’s close to home...good luck with the challenge 

• Like 1

Good to meet everyone last night, despite the rather odd circumstances and practices we have to observe. I'll apologise in advance for forgetting everyones names next time we meet. It's one the many character flaws I endure...

50 minutes ago, corsechris said:

. I'll apologise in advance for forgetting everyones names next time we meet. It's one the many character flaws I endure...

That's normal, but I bet you'll remember every detail of every car you looked at 😉

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

That's normal, but I bet you'll remember every detail of every car you looked at 😉

But of course!!  We're sick, aren't we? :(

:)