Special Edition Build. Starting 2020

I felt that I had better move here now before I got ejected from The Start Line anyway.

The kit will arrive (allegedly) at the end of August but really the story started in 2018 when I got fed up with pigeons nesting on top of my garden shed tucked in the corner of my old cattle feed barn.

See the little darlings...

IMG_20180805_145528.jpg

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MikeJG

• Benrobson2999

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

• Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoop whoop.   Engine in; right first time. Hour and a half from first lift to slings away. Nothing went wrong, just inched it in ever so slowly. All the holes lined up.   No

And after 166 days, this was the big moment      

In a moment, I am going to have to drop it on the floor. A bit of trim trimming, some electrical fault finding to do, but its nearly time to see if it goes.   OMG!!    

Posted Images

The barn looked like this inside and out and I determined to seal it from the outside world and clean it up...

IMG_20180906_140943.jpg

IMG_20180911_155929.jpg

• Like 2

But as 2019 blew in and work had progressed, I realised that it had become an ideal project workshop......

So, undistracted unlike my youngest, from the developing workspace, I started dreaming of car building and visited Kingstanding.

IMG_20181029_150510.jpg

IMG-20190325-WA0004.jpg

• Like 4

I somehow convinced myself that I was capable of the task and so completed the workshop with the end in mind and today it stands empty, but ready and waiting for its contents to arrive...

PANO_20200630_174453_vr.jpg

• Like 8
Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

A great and fitting workshop in which to build a Westfield!

Benrobson2999

I will be following this with great interest. Good luck with your build :)

Chris King
12 hours ago, MikeJG said:

I somehow convinced myself that I was capable of the task and so completed the workshop with the end in mind and today it stands empty, but ready and waiting for its contents to arrive...

PANO_20200630_174453_vr.jpg

Had to zoom in - looked like you had a bar in the man cave on my mobile 🤣

Look forward to the build 👍

MikeJG

Bottles, as you now realise are car cleaning stuff and thinners. Bar may come later if it all gets too sorrowful.

Anyone got an engine hoist? Could travel a little way to collect in the old lady's GLA. Purchase or 6 months rental?

Birds nesting in your workshop is a pain... had 2 swallows turn up to mine after we moved in  3 years ago... soon had it sealed up...

your working space looks great now 👍

I look forward to your build. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've not been entirely twiddling my thumbs until the end of next month when the kit is ready. I've been collecting all sorts of tools and equipment. Reading all the advice I have invested in an air compressor and an air riveter, pair of nice sturdy trestles and built up a pile of bits from China to form an engine hoist. The latter should be good experience for real life car assembly. The parts didn't match the parts list which in turn didn't match the assembly instructions!

The factory have messaged asking for my next stage payment and assuring me that its on time. They have also given me a chassis number in some sort of exchange.😁

• Like 5
Benrobson2999

You are a few months ahead of me, mine is October so I will be studying your build with great detail! Hope to see lots of detail and pics :)

Ben. had a quick look at your diary too. I don't suppose you will be that far behind me and if you have help you may overtake me. what is your spec detail?

Hi Mike, it's all very exciting! I'm not far away from you, I'm in Wombourne, if you need any help or need to take a look at another car don't be afraid to ask. We all love to help and pass on our experiences. Ken (Kendo!)  

• Like 1