MOT rule change.

DonPeffers

Good move. I always thought the initial plan of a years worth of exemptions was too much.

The one year MOT extension was only for N. Ireland and is unchanged Steve.

No i meant the 6 month extension scheme was initially touted to run for 1 year.

Although how that would have worked after you got to the end of your 6 month extension ive no idea.

To many people use the mot to tell them whats b*****red on their cars rather than actively maintaining them.

So mines due in a week or so - do I get six months from July? Or is it six months from when they first introduced it?

I run a garage with MOT testing station and would recommend that if you MOT test runs out next week find somewhere to test it as in 6 months there will be a backlog.

3 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

So mines due in a week or so - do I get six months from July? Or is it six months from when they first introduced it?

DVLA mot check will tell you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neptune said:

DVLA mot check will tell you

You’re right - says due January. 

3 minutes ago, Jonk179 said:

I run a garage with MOT testing station and would recommend that if you MOT test runs out next week find somewhere to test it as in 6 months there will be a backlog.

Yes not planning to run it to the wire 😁

10 hours ago, Jonk179 said:

Or perhaps the MOT will see sense and change the test to mileage related rather than annual 

2 hours ago, pistonbroke said:

Or perhaps the MOT will see sense and change the test to mileage related rather than annual 

I dont think that would work. We recently went to look at a 2009 Peugeot 107 for my daughter. It only had 9000 miles on it. The body and interior were immaculate but the brakes were a corroded mess and all the rubber items were perishing. The suspension felt like it had done 10x the mileage.

Extreme case but if you had a 10k interval that would have never had an mot. 

Some aussie States don't have an MOT; just a safety inspection when a used car is sold on.

I don't think French cars are for sale in Oz.

3 hours ago, DonPeffers said:

I don't think French cars are for sale in Oz.

🤣