Sign in to follow this  
Temnich23

My Base Camp For My Westfield Tinkering

Temnich23

As stated in my thread in the 'starting line' the start to my Westfield Journey was a tad bumpy. 

With the fuel filter currently bypassed I needed to check why there was low pressure from the outlet of the regulator to the carbs. I took the regulator off and took it to bits but couldn't find any noticeable signs of debris, I then checked the fuel regulator and still no signs of anything there either. I blew out the inlet and outlet with my compressor and gave the filter and housing a bit of a clean. Not tested it yet but it seemed to because of the weather but it seemed to Idle fine. Could have just needed taking apart and cleaning? 

OC.thumb.jpg.2c774c90969fc65d2671a8caf6a30f5e.jpg

Fuel regulator not connected with the bypassing pipe bodge we did to get home. 

1171084813_OC2.thumb.jpg.a9e5f3929c2f46dcc32258f2673d4d15.jpger Filter nice and clean now.

Anyone else had any issues with low pressure prior to the carbs? or any issues with the Facet fuel pump. 

Dan_G
10 hours ago, Temnich23 said:

Not tested it yet but it seemed to because of the weather but it seemed to Idle fine. Could have just needed taking apart and cleaning? 

I had problems with my old regulator when it was (accidentally) turned down to 1 psi... it was not supplying enough fuel to keep my carb floats chambers full so the car spluttered to a stop.  Turned it up to 2.5 psi and all was fine.

I now have pretty much the same regulator as you (filter king?).  do you have a gauge on the outlet side?  For me that's now a must to make sure it keeps up with demand when RPM raises?  maybe the pressure is too low?

Could also be fuel tank breather related depending on the circumstances around your problems.

Temnich23
On 29/06/2020 at 21:48, Dan_G said:

I had problems with my old regulator when it was (accidentally) turned down to 1 psi... it was not supplying enough fuel to keep my carb floats chambers full so the car spluttered to a stop.  Turned it up to 2.5 psi and all was fine.

I now have pretty much the same regulator as you (filter king?).  do you have a gauge on the outlet side?  For me that's now a must to make sure it keeps up with demand when RPM raises?  maybe the pressure is too low?

Could also be fuel tank breather related depending on the circumstances around your problems.

I don't have a gauge, but it might be a worthwhile purchase. Its been for a good run today and doesn't seem to have any issues now. 

thanks for the reply.