martin diane

hello sierra sdv build update.

got starter kit on 2.7.2003 and building ever since.

was a member of derby notts.

and yorkshire areas as then we lived in sheffield at the time. some 14 years ago.

then moved to isle of skye .

still building car

and joined the CLAN McWESTY

not much building going on on skye tho.

until..........furloughed  for 8 weeks.

after 3 weks off drinking and resting thought what else could i do and my wife said FINISH THAT WESTFIELD.

so 4 weeks of buying new bits that i didnt need pre IVA.

the CAR IS ALIVE ........last run engine in sierra 13.4.2003       22.4.2020 engine now runs in westy sdv.

have met many nice people in all areas that we have been involved with through all the years of our build.

i take it that some pics may be needed to show you all our new or not that new westy.

and all the time we have been members this is my first post yeh..

DJI_0421.JPG

DJI_0418.JPG

• Like 7

Welcome back Martin , I guess we need to organise a wee clan McWesty visit once furlough is by with, car looks lovely as well

thank you mikef.

did you build your car.

and thanks gary  i think we may have met at applecross we have been there 2 times

but with our tin top and tent and dog.

was you the ao then or was that some one else i am ok with faces but not good with names.

thanks.   martin & diane.

Hi that would have been Rab then, if your anything like me faces , cars I remember straight away but names take a wee bit longer

On 29/06/2020 at 18:25, martin diane said:

thank you mikef.

did you build your car.

No I didn't build it but have had it for over 11 years and have practically rebuilt it over that time.  I like the old fashioned engineering in that I don't need a computer to fettle it. 😀

• Like 1

yeh that was our thought too. same engine as my old cortina.easy to work on and fix.

what have you got on the engine breather on side of engine as ours is just open.

i think on searra it was vented to air breather on cam cover.

thanks 

My breather pipe goes straight to an oil catch tank under the carbs.  There's nothing on the cam cover.

ok thanks thats what i thought we would have to do.

but not much space in there.