Rednop1

250 gearbox

Rednop1

Mazda mx5 gearbox

As fitting to the sport 250

This has done 10 miles from new before removed  

Yes 10 miles !!!!!

These are £2500 from westfield 

£900 collection only or send your man with a van i will not put on a pallet and send 

Rednop1

All pm's replied too

Forgot too mention comes with the westfield shaped gearstick and sleeve which are £140ish from westfield

20200629_182453.jpg

20200629_182447.jpg

Steve (sdh2903)

And the concentric slave conversion too which is well over a hundred quid on its own.

Bargain.

• Thanks 1

andyj007

what extra do i need to mount this in my 2019 fw blacktop.  in leu of teh type 9

LoneWolf
31 minutes ago, andyj007 said:

what extra do i need to mount this in my 2019 fw blacktop.  in leu of teh type 9

Pretty sure it's not a straight swap. You need at least an adapter, the bellhousing is not removable, and I've seen none available.

John
1 hour ago, LoneWolf said:

Pretty sure it's not a straight swap. You need at least an adapter, the bellhousing is not removable, and I've seen none available.

or change to a Duratec engine

Steve (sdh2903)

Retro Ford do the bits to mate a zetec to this box. Youd need the adapter plate, flywheel and clutch and possibly a new chassis mount for the gearbox. And your prop would need modifying (or a new one)

By no means a straight swap but is a great box, will take a load of power and would still end up cheaper than a bgh or spc type 9.

• Thanks 1

Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO
10 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Retro Ford do the bits to mate a zetec to this box. Youd need the adapter plate, flywheel and clutch and possibly a new chassis mount for the gearbox. And your prop would need modifying (or a new one)

https://www.retroford.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/MX5-Gearbox-Technical-Guide.pdf

andyj007

thanks,  adapter plate ok,  making new plate on chassis ok,  prop get a new one made ok ,  ive just got a new super lightweight ttvflywheel, for my type 9 wonder what id need for matching these two?  type 9 is a pretty rubbish notchy change compared tho the mazda, i have tried thats the only reason i would like to change

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.