V8 Scoop - Not Full Bonnet

LythamBrownie

LythamBrownie

Afternoon Collective.....

I’m thinking of getting a V8 carbon Scoop to put on to my existing bonnet..... both for technical & aesthetic purposes.....  I am also looking at a full Westfield V8 bonnet and Patrick (WSC) is sending new a colour sample.... but I’m interested in to find out how easy it is to fit a carbon V8 scoop?  Pictures of them and suppliers would also be really great !!!

KR

David

TableLeg

Fitting any kind of bonnet scoop is fairly straight forward. The scoop just needs to have a return flange (on the inside is neater) to attach it to the bonnet.

I haven't seen any carbon ones though (Carbon Nv used to do them) but if they're not available I guess you could always ask a carbon fabricator to make you one.

• Thanks 1
RobH72

My old car had the CarbonNV bonnet scoop which looked really nice with the carbon flared sides

I can't find any pics of the underside of the bonnet unfortunately 

FB_IMG_1576425792375.jpg

• Like 1
LythamBrownie

Rob - Who was it made by?  Can see a name/sticker, but can’t make it out.....

Rush Motorsport

Looks like carbon mods.

LythamBrownie

Ignore that last comment..... didn’t read the words!!!  So executed to look at the scoop !!!! 😂🤪😂

LythamBrownie
Just now, RussH said:

Looks like carbon mods.

Yup.... cheers Russ..... Rob actually said it in his message.... I feel like a right plonker!!!

• Haha 1
Rush Motorsport

V8 bonnet looks much better in my opinion. Sticking carbon on looks a bit “home brew”....

• Like 1
CosKev
11 hours ago, RussH said:

V8 bonnet looks much better in my opinion. Sticking carbon on looks a bit “home brew”....

If you can get a V8 bonnet to match the colour of the car properly I agree👍

But if the shade of the gel coat is slightly different they look awful,I would then rather a carbon stuck on one tbh.

Si.Dalziel

Carbon wrap is always an option

492F3CBF-EC60-4683-93E1-7315E696E53B.thumb.jpeg.c192c47cf34a9882269efee8491820f1.jpeg

A76F5E53-D57B-45D6-B48C-4553869A7CE5.thumb.jpeg.9ef5bff0f8041d86e36b8a6549d6d8b1.jpeg

1960dave

I have a V8 bulge somewhere but it hasn't got a return on it. I could drop it off what part of Lancs are you in

SXRORY

I did not think mine looked that good and was a bit disappointed with the finish.

IMG_20190401_075848.thumb.jpg.cb07626ff85a8a68c9c48fd1f369d6fc.jpg.a06bba1b6e24894a938c933a89214816.jpg

• Haha 6
Kevin Pullen - WSCC Treasurer
1 hour ago, SXRORY said:

I did not think mine looked that good and was a bit disappointed with the finish.

IMG_20190401_075848.thumb.jpg.cb07626ff85a8a68c9c48fd1f369d6fc.jpg.a06bba1b6e24894a938c933a89214816.jpg

That’s where you went wrong it’s a ladle not a scoop 

• Haha 3
pistonbroke
3 hours ago, Kevin Pullen - WSCC Treasurer said:

That’s where you went wrong it’s a ladle not a scoop 

Did you buy the Ladle from Lidle ?

It looks like a lidle ladle to me :durr:

• Haha 1