1998 SEIW SOLD

Yanto

Due to many reasons one due to health and one due to time wasters I am putting my SEIW up for sale again, I was planning on building a new Sport 250 but that is looking more and more unlikely.

This is my 3rd Westfield, I’ve owned it for over 3 years, in that time I have replaced the tyres (20 miles ony), new rear springs, new starter, new clutch plate and thrust bearing, new manifold bike carbs and filter, carbon dash, ETB Digi dash, new sensors (Oil temp and pressure, water and fuel (baffled dip type)), replacement modern shaped doors, as part of the engine out process the cam belt, water pump and idler were changed.

This is a classic looking Westfield, it has the benefit of full wings giving enhanced weather protection and allowing a very tight lock for manoeuvrability, it also has the benefit of being Q Reg so no pesky emissions testing at MOT time. I have tracked it once (Blyton) where it did not disgrace itself and surprised a few who scoffed at the full wing look, yet it is still a thoroughly nice road car.

Fitting bike carbs have made the engine smoother and pulls well through the revs with no flat spots.

Mileage currently showing just over 300, but will increase as I’m now using it since taxing beginning of June. The mileage on previous odometer is 7502

The Car

SEIW registered Feb 98

MOT until 11th Oct 20

All fluids are new

Engine/Gearbox/Diff

Vauxhall Red top, dyno showing 192 bhp on Weber Carb’s (pulls better now on bike carbs).

QED 42H Cams

QED Vernier pulleys

MBE ECU

New Water Pump, idler and Cam belt*

Lightened flywheel

Helix 4 paddle clutch*

Sierra Cosworth 4x4 LSD

Tech Craft Motorsport Mega-Flow Exhaust (freshly repacked)

*300 miles use only.

Brakes, suspension, wheels & Tyres

Protech 400 shocks, (adjustable bump and rebound)

Brand new progressive rate rear springs, so compliant for smaller undulations but stiffening up to stop bottoming out

Geo and corner weight setup by Track Developments Ltd

Disk brakes all round M16 Front with DS 3000 pads (refurbished), Sierra rear with DS2000 pads

Brand new 195/50 R15 Avonn zv7 tyres.

Body/Interior

Fully upholstered interior with black carpet

RAC roll bar

Westfield sports seats with green piping

Heater

Willans harnesses

Carbon dash

ETB programmable Digi-dash 2

Momo 300mm leather steering wheel on QR hub.

Lockable carbon fibre “boot”

Wet weather equipment

Later style side screens/doors.

Extras

Spare wings

Spare wheel holder

Large folder of history

ETB display handbook

ECU Handbook

Comms cable

Build manual

Vauxhall Haynes manual

Overall condition of the car considering its age is very good, there are a few marks to the gel coat, chassis is perfect as far as I can see.

Car is located north of Melton Mowbray

20200729_163421[1].jpg

20200729_163239[1].jpg

20200729_163216[1].jpg

20200729_163159[1].jpg

20200729_163146[1].jpg

20200729_163127[1].jpg

20200729_163446[1].jpg

20200729_163530[1].jpg

20200729_163656[1].jpg

• Like 1

That’s a good price for that spec in my opinion! GLWS Ian 👍

Cheers Chris, only selling because I want to build a Sport 250, but if it doesn't go I won't be disappointed.

After lengthy negotiations with Italian man of company X (names redacted) who sources cars for clients, there was a sale agreed subject to an inspection by English man (name redacted)" not knowing fully who exactly English man (name redacted) was not even his last name I enquired further trying to find out a bit more about him from Italian man (name redacted), Italian man (name redacted) said he owned a company called (name Redacted) turns out there is no (name Redacted) any references I found in a trade directory gave a made up address and dead phone number, so eventually I got hold of English man's (name redacted) last name turns out he was co-owner of (name redacted) which has very dubious writing on Locost Builders forum. English man(redacted) advised he was retired.

All I wanted was reassurance about who was visiting my house, looking and potentially driving my car and insurance implications. At this point I received an email from Italian man (name redacted) basically saying I should trust him, his client wasn't willing to accept that I didn't trust them, when it wasn't about trust it was about accuracy and truth. (I read that as he didn't like me digging around and pointing out that he had given me incorrect information).

They even wanted another MOT despite this one being valid until mid October because of slow Italian bureaucracy in the registration process that requires a valid MOT. I'd managed to find somebody local via recommendation that were able and willing to quickly MOT the car. 

I won't go on to mention some other ridiculous messages and offers that arise from advertising cars. 

So i'm keeping the car, I can't stand the stress of selling! Knock on effect is no Sport 250 build and more money in my pocket, well apart from upgrades that is.

Edit: Just received an unhappy phone call from Italian man (redacted) so I've removed all references 😁

Edit 2: Just added context to who or what has been redacted to help comprehension.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am going through the same pain of trying to sell my TVR - like you I think I have pretty much decided to keep it unless someone makes a good offer and doesn't want a picture of the upper clunge nut (The last interested chap I sent over sixty photos to upon his request of every single part of the car)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Redacted sounds like a right pain in the redacted 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I had my car on here and a few other sites. I've been offered a motorhome, 1998 911 cabriolet (who wants one of those...) and silly cash offers. The only reason for sale was to buy another Westie but a project car. So like you I've pretty much decided to keep what I've got and enjoy it. You've probably made a very good decision.

• Like 1

Already started implementing changes and planning upgrades, much more fun 😁 

Id done the same as you.. checked who was sending round my house. if anyone doesn't get why you would  want to check that out and has a problem with it.   then they are the problem..  not you..  most likely a scam,   and you were right to be suspicious.

their loss, it was a great buy..  so you had the last laugh

its good that you posted this, it will be a warning to others to be care full and do due diligence .

cant see them buying much else if they act like this

• Like 1

To be fair I'm certain it wasn't a scam, however I wasn't comfortable with having a complete stranger at my house knowing just his first name, and him wanting to drive my car (alone due to 2m social distancing), in doing so I wanted to know how he would have fully comp insurance to do so, which led me to have dig deeper and find dubious facts which when I presented to the original contact I was told that because I didn't trust them the sale was off.

Actually I'm quite happy, I've been out a few times in the car since and glad I've decided to keep it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

There are some connmen out there for sure. You did the right thing in my opinion

• 2 weeks later...

BTTT for sale again due to things that have been diagnosed with me health wise in the past week!

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Yanto said:

BTTT for sale again due to things that have been diagnosed with me health wise in the past week!

Sorry to hear this Ian 😔

13 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Sorry to hear this Ian 😔

Thanks Chris, I've known I haven't been well since March time, been having tests for while, then in A&E on Sunday, I'm not dead - yet, but time to reflect as the worse may still not happen (for a long while) but big changes in life are not too far ahead!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.