Cadwell park July 9th

Andrew

24 minutes ago, syman84 said:

Train incoming. 

Had to stich a couple of videos together so hopefully it has worked. Very cold day, happy we got this one good session together. New battery required after today's issues. 

good one..you have even superimposed some rain to make it look like a wet day!

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Andrew said:

the B team's pitch was just a bit far to walk to in the rain. 😃

Yeah pity we couldn’t pitch tents on hard standing 😁

6A382716-036A-41FB-B27F-FD8E964ACE96.jpeg

I've got your “train” on video going through Hall Bends. 

• Like 1

Mike didn’t fare so well though. 

31A991D0-4440-4965-A2C2-C31051C5D3CC.jpegnote matching tee shirt!

634A6B55-568C-41A8-8FD9-BB2D7149053D.jpeg

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Mike didn’t fare so well though. 

Poor old Mike. I had a chat with him, and he was very upbeat about it. His main concern was the bodywork as its hard to come by now. Pretty sure he'll get up and running again.

It's always in the back of my head, driving in the track conditions we had at Cadwell, the difference between having a totally awesome day, and a really bad day, is only a split second away! 

Oh no, that's a real shame. Bodywork doesn't look tooooo bad, hopefully repairable?

At least some proper tyres helps widen the gap between a bad day and a good day 😁

1 hour ago, AdamR said:

t least some proper tyres helps widen the gap between a bad day and a good day 😁

That's very true Adam. I maybe wasn't pushing as hard as you probably would, but the good old rain experts felt very safe. My pal Jeff with the Caterham, I think only managed a couple of laps before declaring it unsafe. He was on the same tyres as the Fury, and said it was aquaplaning badly in the standing water.

If I'd known how wet it was going to be all day, I'd have left the slicks at home and brought along the crusty race wets.. to do a comparison with the Uniroyals. 

• Like 1

First video of the day when the car started to cut out under load a couple of times. diagnosis knackered battery thanks to some track side engineering with a spare battery from @EBD Engineering and the handy use of a ratchet strap to hold it in got me going again in the afternoon. as much as it was horrific weather it was still a good day.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AdamR said:

At least some proper tyres helps widen the gap between a bad day and a good day 😁

Yes I had some Avon cr28 on. Worked very well and got well over 40 laps in. Would probs have bottled it with the r888s

• Like 1

They've been on my radar for a bit too... I guess you rate them? Ever done any dry running with em?

Likely to try A021s next (grasstrack place sells em in 'my size' at £55 a pop) but looks like it'll be a long time before the Uniroyals wear out!

8 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Likely to try A021s next

@DanDud (If he's still about, after selling his car..) was on them at a soggy Oulton day we did, and rated them well.

28 minutes ago, AdamR said:

They've been on my radar for a bit too... I guess you rate them? Ever done any dry running with em?

Yes they saved the day for me at Cadwell. I did a couple of laps this morning because I thought Blyton was still wet from last night, but it was dry from the off! They were a lot of fun in the dry  😁

But because I’d borrowed them from a fellow member (and didn’t want to wear them out!) I came straight back in and swapped them over. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Andrew said:

@DanDud (If he's still about, after selling his car..) was on them at a soggy Oulton day we did, and rated them well.

Yeah, having driven his car and passengered with them on is what piqued my interest. @tkm_dave has a set too...

shame to see it was raining for you chaps - hopefully you still made the best of it

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

Im still lurking!  Great club this.

Loved them, absolutely superb tyres for a westie.

Used them as my road tyres, and ended up doing more track days on them than 888's due to weather forecasts but they were great even on dry track days.