Carl Warren

As in the description, good condition. 
This is the earlier model which I think carries 13L  

collection preferred, but could post. 

£200 

E6650665-0F63-44AE-BE23-039FE5B425B5.jpeg

1 hour ago, Carl Warren said:

This is the earlier model which I think carries 13L  

@Carl Warren I'd suggest you check to help your sale, as I'm sure the latest FW tank is 27L and the earlier one like yours is circa 20L. @CraigHew can you confirm?

Appreciated, if Craig could help that would

be great. 

37 minutes ago, Carl Warren said:

Appreciated, if Craig could help that would

be great. 

If it's the original FW tank it's 20-21 litres

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jonjh1964 said:

If it's the original FW tank it's 20-21 litres

It is. Thank you. 

Yup, ~21 litres to the brim...

• Thanks 1

PM Sent, assuming this will fit a Zetec SEIW chassis with the mounting frame I will have it. 

Thanks

There’s no fundamental difference in SEiW chassis between a ZK bodied car and an FW car, although later chassis have had extra mounts welded in as standard for the rear (optional) anti roll bar, in the FW position.

44 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

There’s no fundamental difference in SEiW chassis between a ZK bodied car and an FW car, although later chassis have had extra mounts welded in as standard for the rear (optional) anti roll bar, in the FW position.

Dave thanks for the info, the chassis is 2007. When you say the chassis has extra mounts welded in as standard for the roll bar in the FW position, do you mean these extra mounts will foul the FW tank if an anti roll bar is fitted? or vice versa the tank won't fit with these mounts in place  (with or without an anti roll bar). 

Thanks in advance for any clarification 

No, the anti roll bar on a ZK body mounts higher up, on brackets the share the upper rear wishbone mounts, on an FW, the tank frame uses this mounting position instead. So the rear ARB is instead mounted where the fuel tank goes on a ZK car, there are a couple of brackets welded to the rear lower chassis rails for its mounting blocks to bolt to. These brackets, when not used, are underneath the ZK fuel tanK, so don’t get in the way. It’s quite a negative dual purpose solution. And if you wanted to fit an ARB at the rear on an older chassis that didn’t have the mounts, you could make some brackets up that bolted (or welded) on!

5 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

These brackets - for the Sports Turbo rear ARB.

Rear_ARB_mounts.thumb.png.ffed14e7eaa45585723886dc0d06ab4b.png

• Thanks 1

Brilliant Jon, yes, that’s exactly right.

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.