Track Day Tow Strap

Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO

On 05/06/2020 at 17:04, Weathers said:

That and an extra metal band across under the seats so the lower part of the 6 point harness can be fitted properly.

Interesting, I've just ordered the extra straps (2) for my Schroth and was wondering how to fit them safely - could you post a picture of this and the front loop? Cheers

Thanks for the info one and all - i'll take @AdamR advice and try to keep it on track and also add a TOW-> sticker to the roll bar.

Might have to get a loop welded over winter at next strip down.

I can’t get a half decent picture of the rear situation without the seats out (I’ve tried believe me!) 4F79885D-0071-4E59-ADBD-FA1AE7A1E579.thumb.jpeg.da54ea0990998f31f155a7b91991b671.jpeg

But this is the front one. There are two 3-4inch wide Bands above the floor that are welded across the areas where the seats bolt through the floor. The crotch strap is fixed with a bolt through the rear one of those and runs via a hole in the seat to the buckle.  

I’ve attached a picture of the front tow hook. And yes the car is about to be cleaned! The front plate will have to be removed for track days. 

I hope this helps. 

Chris

B600B867-6F21-4466-8DF8-35F03DF38441.jpeg

28108B32-4565-4612-9865-14CB1DBF62A3.jpeg

Looks good. You should paint it a bright colour. 

Have you thought about the angles a recovery truck will have the tow line at. Anything higher than 'normal' tow bar height could press against your nose cone, so if they are using a crane or winch on the back of a truck could end up a bit messy

2 hours ago, Weathers said:

But this is the front one. There are two 3-4inch wide Bands above the floor that are welded across the areas where the seats bolt through the floor. The crotch strap is fixed with a bolt through the rear one of those and runs via a hole in the seat to the buckle.  

I’ve attached a picture of the front tow hook. And yes the car is about to be cleaned! The front plate will have to be removed for track days. 

I hope this helps.

Great, thanks for the pictures.  Yes was thinking of adding another bracing plate across the ally floor. Learnt to take front plate off after 1st track day!