SOLD--Westfield Exhaust 5 1/2" CAT (reduced)

ianht71

I have a 1716052 Westfield Exhaust for sale.

It is a 5 1/2" CAT non-repackable

When i bought my car from Hawthorns Garage in Farnham (who had built and sold it brand new) they gave me this exhaust. They told me they had bought it new for my car but decided to go with the 6" repackable instead

They said it had not been used, in reality i suspect it may have done a few miles. There are some TINY marks on the leading edge of the silence part. This is the bit that faces the dirt thrown up from the tyres

It has the clamp to fasten it on to the manifold and also the clamp/bracket to fix the rear of it on to the car

My car is a 2.0L Zetec black top so i know it fits that, as for other engines, please make your own investigations

The exhaust was more than £480 new 

How does £190 sound?

Collection preferable as its big, might be able to arrange to meet somewhere too...

We are in Englefield Green, Surrey

Apologies for putting up loads of photos, just wanted to show how good it is

Any questions give me a call

07889 264869

Ian

2020-06-04 14.31.54.jpg

2020-06-04 14.33.23.jpg

2020-06-04 14.33.36.jpg

2020-06-04 14.33.38.jpg

2020-06-04 14.33.42.jpg

2020-06-04 14.33.43.jpg

2020-06-04 14.34.30.jpg

2020-06-04 14.34.44.jpg

thought it might have sold, but still available

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, you've described as CAT in the description, isn't the cat separate? I'm after one to suit my 99 zetec Blacktop, what's the difference in non to repackable? 

1 hour ago, Ian L said:

Hi, you've described as CAT in the description, isn't the cat separate? I'm after one to suit my 99 zetec Blacktop, what's the difference in non to repackable? 

The cat will be in the front section of the silencer. It could be repacked but will require the end cap to be cut off and then welded on again. the items advised as repackable have end caps that are held on with bolts and hence are easier to remove for repacking.

@ianht71 perhaps shine a torch down the silencer from the manifold end and take a pic of the cat ?

@Ian L you can also test for the presence of the cat by gently prodding with a piece of wire etc, from the manifold end, if it can't be easily seen as suggested above.

Pretty certain my car hasn't got a CAT at present so don't really want to start putting kit on that restricts flow. I'm looking at upgrading as my manifold and silencer have seen better days, only thing I haven't replaced while bringing a the car back to the road after someone had rested it for 10 yrs! The 4-1 section seams very leaky and I'm pretty sure my son was getting gased when we went out yesterday! 😬

Hi Ian L

All i know is that the exhaust is a Westfield supplied part and when speaking to the parts department a few weeks ago this is what they identified it as

With regards the re-packable, if it was it would have a ring of bolts around the rear of the silencer can to allow you to remove the rear face of the can to allow you to repack

Hope that helps

Ian 

• 2 weeks later...

Got it sorted, was told about a chap called Liam who runs King Custom Fabrication in Kirkham, Lancs. He's done a cracking job, see at the link below: 

• 4 months later...
  • ianht71 changed the title to SOLD--Westfield Exhaust 5 1/2" CAT (reduced)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.