Thinking about ordering a couple...

Captain Colonial

AD5EF1D3-7485-4E99-A732-D423C902B02A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Would you like me to pick you up a couple from the High Street tomorrow Scott? Happy to post them to you in a jam jar 😄

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mark (smokey mow) said:

Would you like me to pick you up a couple from the High Street tomorrow Scott? Happy to post them to you in a jam jar 😄

How do I know you won’t swap them for diesel fish and keep the petrol fish for yourself? 😄 

29 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

How do I know you won’t swap them for diesel fish and keep the petrol fish for yourself? 😄 

Because they only come in four star, unleaded or super unleaded 😀

• Like 1

You may laugh but when there was no advertising standards law, some truly outrageous claims were made for products. One of the worst from the 1970s was one I have probably mentioned before and that is Mota-Nu engine reconditioning pellets. Approximately ten millimetre diameter spheres of a silver/grey metallic substance, about six of them, were dropped into your petrol tank and over a period of time they deposited metal on bores and bearings which rejuvenated your engine. I say 'spheres' but they were balls...

I remember putting a Tiger in my tank years ago , recommended by the Esso fuel co. 

Not sure what happened to it though :t-up: 

Surely we have some of these fish in the North Sea. Explains why fishing rights are contentious to Brexit negotiations 

'Guinness is good for you' and Putting that awful synthetic orange juice called Sunny Delight in a fridge were some of the most successful ad campaigns ever. 

So now that I've achieved a lovely orange skin tone to rival Mr Dickinson and the liver failure has turned my eyes a nice hue of yellow I'll take My maximum allocation of the super unleaded fish please.

I'm putting my name down for the maximum 800, as a child I never got to collect enough Bazooka wrappers to get myself some X-Ray specs.