Westfield Aluminium Bodied Pre-Lit. (SOLD)

garytipping

Hi All,

My pre-lit project started with the Ebay purchase of the body and chassis in September 2015. Although I appear to be the 5th owner, this kit had never been built since it was produced in the early 80's. I set out to build it 'in period' whilst bringing it to current IVA standard, which it passed first time in August 2018. After only covering just over 300 miles since IVA, I've decided to sell to make way for another project. It's 'on the button' and ready to enjoy now we can begin to get out. I think I've covered everything in the spec attached, but feel free to ask any questions. Here are a couple of recent photos, I have loads more, not to mention the build diary and the features in Complete Kit Car Magazine.

Price £12,500

Cheers

Gary

Westfield 7. Pre Litigation, aluminium bodied car.

Chassis No. 35 of 132 built. (early 80’s)

IVA tested August 2018, (first time pass) next MOT due August 2021.

Only just over 300 miles since IVA.

Aluminium body, scuttle and bonnet in natural finish.

GRP nose, wings, rear wheel arches, boot box and wing mirrors painted British Racing Green 2018.

Triumph Spitfire front suspension with new bearings, brake discs, callipers and pads.

Morris Ital rear axle with new brake drums, slave cylinders and linings.

OBP floor mounted peddle box with dual master cylinders and adjustable balance bar.

Twin brake reservoirs with low fluid warning float switches.

Spax adjustable coilovers all round.

Triumph 4.5J steel wheels, powder coated and fitted with 5 new Dunlop Street Response Tyres and MGA chrome hub caps.

Full windscreen with wipers and washers.

Side screens.

Full set of instruments with electronic speedo.

Westfield 300mm leather rim steering wheel. Collapsible steering column.

Period seats in red leather + a set of original bench seats in black with red piping.

Removable head rests.

75mm Sabelt 4 point harness’s.

Period roll hoop.

Heater.

New professionally purpose made wiring loom.

7” headlamps with Osram 150% brighter bulbs.

Lucas style rear lights.

OBP aluminium fuel tank.

Facet fuel pump and Malpas fuel pressure regulator.

Power Vamp battery.

Ford crossflow engine by Rallytune. Original receipt states ‘Caterham Spec’ rolling road sheets showing 135bhp at wheels when tested in another Westfield. Twin weber DCOE 40’s. 4 branch exhaust manifold running to rear exit stainless steel exhaust system.

Reconditioned Wasp starter motor.
Ford 4 speed gearbox with new clutch and thrust bearing.

Build diary on the WSCC forum viewed over 40,000 times https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/topic/117001-pre-lit-ally-bodied-build-thread/

Featured over two months in Complete Kit Car June and July 2019. Copies to come with the car.

Westfield_Jpeg..thumb.jpg.b08de81664f2c603711c1226b6c9b102.jpg

IMG_0879.thumb.jpeg.7a377a9c763c43a87fb8afc29ae2464c.jpeg

536606258_Westfield_Jpeg_1__7_20.thumb.jpg.f0f4ab7bf87c0405fba9530eeed3b7f8.jpg

58146CBC-935F-4CC9-BC05-16606852F8EB.thumb.jpg.e28ca31595985a6b3dd6a589daab6449.jpg

Westfield Spec..pdf

Edited by garytipping
Car Sold

Sorry to see you selling her, it’s a stunning and cracking car for someone 

good luck with the sale 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Sorry to see you selling her, it’s a stunning and cracking car for someone 

good luck with the sale 

Thanks Gary,

I'm loving driving it and I'll be very sorry to see it go, but really have the bug to build something else.

Cheers

Gary

I'd buy it for the wheels alone ;)

Sorry to see you're moving on Gary, but builders must build!  Good luck with the sale!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garytipping said:

Thanks Gary,

I'm loving driving it and I'll be very sorry to see it go, but really have the bug to build something else.

Cheers

Gary

I understand and can relate to that sentiment 

good luck

• Like 1

Beautiful car, just right. Best one I've seen from that era. Good price too.

Crossflow, twin 40's, 4 speed, live axle, can't get any better.

• Like 1

Stunning in every detail.  Worth every penny.  Thank you for rescuing it and all you put into getting it together.  GLWTS :)

• Like 1

Thanks all, hoping it goes to a good home. I've really enjoyed it, and all the help I've had from club. I'll be back on here with my next build for sure.

Cheers

Gary

• Like 2

Beautiful Gary. Sorry to see you are selling but totally understand that you want/need to build something else. GLWTS.

• Like 2

It’s a superb example. Good luck with the sale, someone will get a truly unique pre-lit.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

It’s a superb example. Good luck with the sale, someone will get a truly unique pre-lit.

Thanks Dave, hopefully someone will be able to have some fun in it now.

Cheers

Gary

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.