Show us your garage

Weekend Warrior

Not collecting the Westfield until next week, so here’s a pic of my garage in its pre-Westfield state. Bragging rights go to the first to correctly identify all three.

128C64BA-15C0-4C69-B1FA-6A1FDE411CB4.jpeg

• Like 3

If that’s 3 Maseratis you need deep pockets and stout walking boots 😂. Joking aside that’s a petrol heads collection👍👍👍.

The prize only goes to the person that can name the Maserati models, not just the make!

Oh, and nearest the camera is a Porsche.

9 hours ago, Ewan said:

Not collecting the Westfield until next week, so here’s a pic of my garage in its pre-Westfield state. Bragging rights go to the first to correctly identify all three.

Shamal, Ghibli, 928

On 15/06/2020 at 17:42, ACW said:

As David says - machine mart had them in the catalogue but for too much money - but some online companies had some really good bundled offers and its pretty decent. Add a load of LED lights from screwfix to help my aging eyesight and its a great workbench. I went to town with the EVA foam so there is pretty much a place for everything which helps my putting away when Im done problem dramatically.

Its an old Cattle shed that has had all the open areas bricked in and insulated and the roof done before me, I just added the final touches..

You are too modest Adrian. I've seen it first hand and its a every petrol heads dream

• Like 1

Good spotting Russ. I didn’t expect anyone to get the Shamal, given there were only 6 sold in the UK.

The Ghibli is a Ghibli Cup, one of 25 UK cars.

You were close on the Porsche. It’s a 951 (or 944 Turbo, for those normal people not so familiar with Porsche internal model designations).

Anyway, roll on next week when hopefully I’ll finally get to see and collect the Westfield I bought back in March, just as the lock-down was announced.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ewan said:

Good spotting Russ. I didn’t expect anyone to get the Shamal, given there were only 6 sold in the UK.

The Ghibli is a Ghibli Cup, one of 25 UK cars.

You were close on the Porsche. It’s a 951 (or 944 Turbo, for those normal people not so familiar with Porsche internal model designations).

Anyway, roll on next week when hopefully I’ll finally get to see and collect the Westfield I bought back in March, just as the lock-down was announced.

But where is that going to fit - I wonder which one you'd give up for a Westy?

Pool tonight in the lockdown garage 😁

9E28CEAC-0644-49FF-A544-23D446FEB51A.jpeg

• Like 4

I could argue I've got 4 garages, one day I will tidy them, tomorrow maybe!

I was hoping that this year there would be a sport 250 being built, now I'm hoping that will happen next year, all depends upon selling the green machine, or not.

IMG_2706.JPG

IMG_2707.JPG

IMG_2708.JPG

IMG_2709.JPG

• Like 2

Not quite, pedal powered, it's a velomobile called a "Df", felt like a gravity racer coming down the mountain section on the TT course at 73 mph though!

On 16/06/2020 at 22:51, Ewan said:

Ooooh! A Shamal, you lucky lucky man!! 

Most of my "pin up" cars as a kid were Gandini designs, the Stratos, Muira, Pantera Si, Urraco etc, but the Shamal was always one of my favorites.. It would definitely be in my "lottery win garage"!

I'd love to drool over it in the flesh 👍

Sadly the Shamal is now sold, but there is a video of Harry Metcalfe testing it on "Harry's Garage" (on YouTube). I replaced it with a 2-seat version of the Maserati MC-Stradale which is the fastest road Maserati built (excluding the Maserati MC-12, their copy of the Enzo).

Latest on my Westy is that it might finally be ready for collection next week. The problem this week was that the trailer needed new tyres.

But on the upside, I've now been told the MD of Westfield has a photo of my car on his office wall! I'll have to check that out in person one day.

• Like 2