Show us your garage

Weekend Warrior

35 minutes ago, ACW said:

We moved house a couple of years ago into a big place and on my list was a dream workshop to spend retirement when it comes. Of course now Im working more than ever.

Its my happy place :)

IMG_0057.jpg

It'll do, I suppose.....🙄

Surely every petrolhead's dream to have a "proper" garage / man-cave. Well done for realising the dream!

14 hours ago, ACW said:

We moved house a couple of years ago into a big place and on my list was a dream workshop to spend retirement when it comes. Of course now Im working more than ever.

IMG_0057.jpg

You've stood your car in your kitchen, haven't you! 

I would sell several of my organs for a man cave like that! 

It's the end of this thread.. I'm thinking about going back a page or two and deleting my tip! 😉 

• Haha 3

On 12/06/2020 at 18:25, ACW said:

IMG_0057.jpg

Wow, those units are superb what make are they? I've been looking for some nice high level cabinets 

Sealey professional. I bought some after seeing Adrians pictures. They were doing some cracking offers on them last year 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dave. said:

I have since had a clear out!!

of what Cars, Bikes or bits....just plain greedy!

On 12/06/2020 at 18:25, ACW said:

a dream workshop to spend retirement when it comes.

Ah, the eternal quest for 'retirement' that mythical beast that transforms the minute you think you have it snagged!  Hope you find the rest of the car soon...

• Haha 1

On 14/06/2020 at 00:26, XTR2Turbo said:

Sealey professional. I bought some after seeing Adrians pictures. They were doing some cracking offers on them last year 

As David says - machine mart had them in the catalogue but for too much money - but some online companies had some really good bundled offers and its pretty decent. Add a load of LED lights from screwfix to help my aging eyesight and its a great workbench. I went to town with the EVA foam so there is pretty much a place for everything which helps my putting away when Im done problem dramatically.

Its an old Cattle shed that has had all the open areas bricked in and insulated and the roof done before me, I just added the final touches..

So my lockdown project was to tidy and make the garage look a little nicer.

I fitted the floor when we moved in and quickly replaced the door with an insulated electric type to help my back! I also got a few of the Sealey units which are fantastic. The walls are now painted, there is plenty of light and lots of sockets. 

Next job will be to plaster the breeze block wall / box in the electrics and then plumb in some heating but I'll probably wait until the kids go back to school (if that ever happens!!!!!!! 😅) as I'll need some distraction free time for that!

IMG_8717.jpg

• Like 5