Snetterton sprint

Terry Everall

Latest is that the  British Sprint championship will not be running at Snetterton and B19 are looking at the viability of the event. Motorsport Uk has now issued more info and once this is analysed we will issue more clarification.

I know it's all up in the air but seriously considering entering as it's also a round NSSC which I have also entered, numpty question maybe but a 2 day event, staying over be an issue should the event go ahead, I read Anglesey have said no camping, Snetterton same? , 

7 hours ago, K17 CAR said:

I know it's all up in the air but seriously considering entering as it's also a round NSSC which I have also entered, numpty question maybe but a 2 day event, staying over be an issue should the event go ahead, I read Anglesey have said no camping, Snetterton same? , 

That appears to be true at the moment but the event is in July so the gov could relax camping restrictions between now and then

Does that mean the sprint isn't on or is it like knockhill and you fit in between racing. 

26 minutes ago, syman84 said:

Does that mean the sprint isn't on or is it like knockhill and you fit in between racing. 

The sprint is done on the 100 circuit which is the small loop inside the 200 circuit that the racing takes place on, both circuits Can run at the same time.

• Like 1

yes this how it normally runs . so radical are going and have permit on saturday

I have just heard that Borough19 have now cancelled Snetterton, Lydden (not in Speed Series) and Hethel

30 May 2020

MESSAGE TO ALL MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS OF B19

First and foremost I send my best wishes to you all and trust that you and your families are safe and well which is the most important thing in these troubled times.
I had hoped that I would not be put into the position of having to send you this message but, unfortunately, I am left with no option.
You will all be aware of the Guidelines that MSUK have issued and which must be adhered to when our sport is allowed to restart.
These Guidelines necessarily place a huge burden on the organisers of events.  Your Committee have considered these carefully and have done their utmost to try to find a way that we can safely run our three remaining events in 2020.  Unfortunately this has not been possible.
We have a duty of care to all our competitors, volunteer marshals and everyone involved in organising these events and their safety is of paramount importance.
It is, therefore, with great reluctance that I have to tell you that we have no option but to cancel the Snetterton meeting on 4 July and Lydden on 11 July.  The management at Hethel have also advised us that we will not be able to hold our 2 August event on their site.
I know how disappointed you will be but, sadly, Covid.19 has placed enormous challenges on us all and your Committee waited as long as possible before making this final decision.
Those of you who have entered for any of the above events will, of course, have their entry fee automatically refunded.
On behalf of the Committee I would like to thank you for your patience, loyalty and support and we all hope that we will soon be able to look forward to 2021 with a spirit of optimism.

My very best wishes to you all
BARRY MORRIS
Chairman

• Sad 1

Deeply sad, but not really surprising.