Black standard windscreen ***SOLD***

GarethHD

I am about to remove this standard, unheated, black windscreen from the car.

I want to give you as honest an appraisal on its condition as I can. I'm a bit OCD so probably being incredibly critical/fussy, but having now thoroughly cleaned it and looked at it very closely with work lights from various different angles, I'm quite surprised at the number of really tiny stone chips/marks. The car (and I assume the screen as I believe it's the original) has done 18k miles, so the screen has definitely been used. Under normal daylight conditions it's quite difficult to see most of the chips, it really depends on the angle/brightness of sunlight. There are three, marked with white tape, which are 1mm2 on the drivers side. Unless they've happened between April 2019 and January 2020 they didn't show up on the MOT last April, so I assume they don't affect the MOT. Otherwise it's in pretty good condition.

Packaging: you can buy a special box which the factory use to send out windscreens; it cost me £45.24 including postage to send it to me. I've used it to buy and get delivered here a polished screen and having fitted the interior with Celotex insulation, bubble wrap and corrugated cardboard, it seems to work…. well the screen arrived from Essex in one piece!

Postage: The packed screen weighs around 11.5kg. As an example, Parcel force 48 UK postage at 12kg costs £23.40

I was going to put an asking price of around £150, but I think given the tiny stone chips I would be looking for sensible offers around £100 plus post and packing. Alternatively collect, if you are near North Devon. Thanks Gareth

Front_view_windscreen.jpg

Interior_view_forwards_arrows_showing_tiny_chips.jpg

Edited by GarethHD
sold

The glass used in many car screens, and certainly Westfield screens seems to have been somewhat soft and "chippy" for years now. Mine have all looked like that within the first 500/1000 miles or so, on normal roads, summer motoring.

Some proper jewellers glass polish can help reduce the effect of the smaller scratches and chips, quite well.

Thanks Dave, that's a useful tip. The screen sold last night to a chap in Kent. Will update the ad. Cheers.

-Cerium Oxide, available in powder, or pre mixed polish versions is good for fine scratching and marks. Works well with polishing pads/machines, too.

Wow………chemistry lessons with the WSCC! Cheers Dave

• Haha 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.