Westfield Wide Bodied Car SOLD

Pantherman

SOLD

Unfortunately due to an injury to my shoulder and following 8 months of physio   and turning 65 soon I have decided that I am going to have to sell my car.

John the previous owner ( a very competent engineer )  completed the car in the late 1990's and used it occasionally in the sprint series, between 2010 and 2018 the car was hardly used only when John took it for its MOT each year.

I bought the car in 2018 and almost immediately lost my storage garage however I got the use of a garage at a lady's house but could only get the car out when it suited ( not ideal ).

In 2019 I only managed to use the car a few times due to my shoulder and hence my decision to sell.

The car is currently stored on its trailer , I haven't been able to visit since lockdown !

Below is the spec from when I bought it , this car SHOULD NOT BE COMPARED TO YOUR AVERAGE CROSSFLOW ENGINED CAR,IT IS CERTAINLY TOO FAST FOR ME BUT WITH GREAT HANDLING AND BRAKES.

A new X flow engine was sourced and built by Vulcan bored out to 1700cc with large valves,

tungsten inserts, gas flowed high compression head, 244 cam, pocketed pistons, lightened

flywheel, balanced clutch, shot peened con-rods, balanced flywheel, clutch, rods, pulleys and

crankshaft, power grip pulley set, uprated oil pump, Cosworth big end bolts and steel cam

shaft straps.

Home made throttle bodies

Petrol tank modified for fuel injection

High pressure fuel pump

Inlet manifold fitted with fuel injectors

Emerald programable ECU

Crank shaft position sensor, water and air temperature sensors and throttle position

potentiometer fitted to supply inputs for ECU

Wasted spark ignition system

Nylon bushed chassis

Aluminium bell housing

Quaife ATB limited slip differential

Aluminium front uprights

Four pot aluminium front brakes, Hawk pads

Drilled and lightened front discs

AVO adjustable dampers

Front anti-roll bar

Quick rack, solidly mounted

Lightweight plastic seats

4-point Willans harness for driver

3-point Luke harness for passenger

Roll bar strengthened and extra bracing

Wunoff re-packable stainless steel silencer

Side screens and hood

Fitted fire extinguisher system

Geared starter motor

Gear change LED

Chassis ride height, corner weighting and geometry setup by Northampton Motorsport. Car

weight 571.5 kgs. Rolling road set up by Dave Walker at Emerald Engineering: Output 148

bhp at 6800 rev/min. 130 ft/lbs at 5600 rev/min.

carpet set and underfelt.

The car comes with its own trailer, this is a over engineered  home-made two wheel trailer which was

constructed to fit into a small garage, it tows very well.

I intend to be able to sell it over the next four weeks.

I can email photos to anyone interested and will be looking for offers around £5950.

The car is located in Leigh Lancs but obviously comes with its trailer so is easy to transport.

If anyone has any questions I can be contacted at dave.bowyer225@btinternet.com or 07770 868411

Thanks

Edited by Pantherman
SOLD

A lot of engine for the money mate....sounds a cracker.

GLWTS.

Any pics?

Mart.

Alright Dave, I've got the pictures, thanks very much, what gear box is fitted?

Cheers Mark

Pics would definitely help. Just hit the “click to choose files” link and you’re away 👍

Gearbox is a Type 9 sierra

Hi - Can you send photos pls  - interested - here are you based pls ?

Email ?

Located near Wigan

Looks like its provisionally sold.

too many cars starting with a 5 😲 look at the parts on this.... with a trailer. A bargain 

Thanks for all your comments sadly for me the car is Sold.

• Sad 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.