SEIW wanted - Somerset

Sean Walsh

Hi all,

Fairly new member and still looking for a first car!

I'm looking for an SEIW and more of a fast road / tourer than a track / racer.

I'm based in Somerset and ideally looking for something in the >140-150 bhp area that has five speed, coated chassis, heater, and is pretty well sorted - not much then :) !

I'd be really interested to hear from anyone that wants to sell their baby on to someone that's going to look after and enjoy it!

Also, interested to learn from your experience and any good tips and hints on what to look for etc too if you don't mind helping a newbie!

Thanks for your help,

W

Hello Walshie, welcome to the club and hope that we can help you find a car to suit.

Once we are free to meet up again etc do pop along to your local WSCC meet to actually see some cars and meet the members. @Paul Reynolds is not far from you and may be able to help? 

Keep looking at the for sale items and I'm sure other members will have some info on upcoming cars for sale?

Finally someone that wants a road car with a sensible amount of horsepowers! 

A few cars available on Facebook sound like they may fit the bill, good luck with the search

• Like 3

Good luck with the car search. I’m looking forward to a blast down to porlock and back when this is over. 

Completely agree with @Paul Aspden here - perfect power level for a road car / tourer. You can really give them some stick in this power range which I find a lot more enjoyable, taking them completely through the rev range!

Have you had a thought on what engine you might like? x-flows and pintos are quite popular choices from the "Old school" perspective, with Zetec / Duratec / Red Top / Honda etc for something a little newer! 

Good luck with your search - It might be worth letting people know what your budget is, as cars (tend) to fall into certain price categories generally although of course there are anomalies to this rule!

Cheers, 

Brads

• Like 1

Thanks all!

i picked up a beaut of an 1800 SEIW on Tuesday! Had a 70 mile drive home and absolutely loved it.

Sound track was as great as the drive!

if you make it Porlock then give me a shout! 

Thx

W

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Walshie said:

i picked up a beaut of an 1800 SEIW on Tuesday! Had a 70 mile drive home and absolutely loved it.

Great! But it didn't happen without pictures..... so go to Start Line and introduce yourself with loads of shiny pictures...your local AO will get in touch and hopefully you guys can meet up soon?

oh yes and enjoy...

Hi I’m thinking of selling my car if your still looking cheers. Dave

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.