Rory's Dad

2004 SEiW 20xe now reduced to £12,500 and listed on ebay

Rory's Dad

The timing for doing this is all wrong what with corvid-19, self isolation and all that, but my lovely Westfield is now officially for sale. If you are interested, please form an orderly and socially distanced queue or, more logically, please ask me a question or send a PM!

image.png.ef3f58c2179c3636a9eb6f56fb240af7.png

The photos here are in date order – starting with an (indirect!) run from Harrogate to work in Bradford over the moors in 2008. The kit was built from scratch by Leon Boutell in 2004, so I'm the second owner. It's done about 30 thousand miles, most of it in Yorkshire, more recently here in Norfolk, but also down to Cornwall and up to Northumberland for holidays. I've also taken it to track days at Croft, Cadwell, Blyton and Snetterton, where I have really enjoyed the 20XE's power and torque.  It has black JKComposites fibreglass seats with a 5 point driver's, a 4 point passenger's harness, and a repowdercoated RAC roll bar. It also has Protech shock absorbers on all four corners and wide-track front suspension. It's a well-sorted car that's ready for almost anything on road or track.

image.png.595d88db953ca1c38417defd2982ec3b.png

So why am I selling? Well, I have an overwhelming heap of new stuff waiting to be fitted but, (after a big bump in my tin-top), I feel too old and too stiff to do any more of it myself. So, it's a bit of a project for you too.

I have a brand new nose cone, bonnet and scuttle to replace the existing - the yellow stripes have been painted professionally. I have replacement Carbon NV front cycle wings and a new fibreglass diffuser. Other parts include a little used SB47s half hood with quadrant zip, yellow grp half doors, replacement wind deflectors and a carbon double bubble aeroscreen. Its all currently in dry storage.

The existing 20XE puts out 185bhp and 168 wonderful ft lbs of torque, (set up by NMS). It has a DTA E48 ecu, a recently rebuilt type 9 by 'Windy' with a long 1st, a 3.62 LSD and nearly new Toyo R1R tyres on black Pro Race 1.2 alloys. It has 4pot Hispec front callipers and the suspension geometry was set up by 'AdamR', so it accelerates, stops and goes round corners just as it should.  

image.png.fce4c4718632bfee160dd9fcfe9e1de7.png

I have a spare professionally rebuilt Coscast engine - the block and head are currently separate so you can see all the new replacement parts which I had done. I still have the original type 9, a spare 3.62 LSD, another rough engine in bits, a new Coolex alloy radiator and just heaps and heaps of new and replacement parts and again, all being kept safely in storage. 

image.png.bced67110cfa3aa6144a382a56b821f7.png

So, what's wrong with it? Well, not much really although the tub is not perfect, the interior isn't perfect and neither is the state of the wiring behind the dash. Now and again it has needed a push to get it going (a bit like me)!

I also have some Westfield and Vauxhall books (for the engine), books about kitcar electrics and fibreglass, Westfield World magazines going back to the dawn of time and loose leaf folders full of all the usual stuff, receipts, etc.

Finally I have a Brian James Minno Max trailer which has been fully serviced and has 4 new tyres. It's all ready and waiting to take you and this, your shiny new Westy, back to your home in the fullness of time. And if the lock-down is eased, I might even deliver it for you too... 

image.png.a089d856419264d725af1eb08c9b5584.png

So, it's now for sale at £12,500 ono but I'm NOT going to split it - I just want all of it gone promptly before I change my mind (again). I will also get a new MOT for it - the existing one runs out in October.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

This is a car with a long history in the club through both owners, and always has been a cracker. Will be a fantastic package for someone.

(Hope you're on the mend, yourself, Martin!)

Dave (OnliestSmeg) -  Manchester AO

Good luck with the sale Martin @Rory's Dad, must have been a difficult decision.

Hope we will still see you (and whatever your replacement fun car is) out n about at WSCC meets/events.

All't'bestest

Forever your tent putterupper!

marcusb

Good luck with the sale Martin @Rory's Dad the end of an era :( a great car for someone :yellow-westy:

Julie Hall - Peak District AO

Glen and I have great memories of following this car in convoy when you were the Yorkshire AO, so it is very sad to read of your plan to sell it. Good luck anyway, someone will get a well established car from a knowledgable owner. Hopefully we will still get to see you around Martin, don't mention the cobweb though😀

Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

Sorry to see it up for sale, but totally understand the reasons, good luck with the sale. 

Steve (stevel)

Sad to hear this Martin but as already said fully understand, thats 2 old AO's Westfieldless, we have had some good trips out and still taste the Flamborough Head crabs, still plan to head down to Norfolk for a crab sandwich with you, in the S2000 now.

Steve

• Like 1

Rory's Dad

Such generous comments from one and all. Thank you! 

Julie refers to the sight, at the Fox and Grapes, of a spider between my nearside mirror and the scuttle, in his/her web, still ALIVE!! 

Now, come on you lot, just find me a buyer! 

bigron

Officially the car that gave me the bug and made me decide to get one! Sorry to hear you are selling it Martin, good luck with the sale.

Scottish Bloke

Looks a great car and very good value. I scour the for sale ads occasionally,  not looking to buy,  just interested to see what's available. This stands out, good luck selling, looks an exceptional buy.

Rich 

Rory's Dad

BTTT

Rory's Dad

Well, lock down is easing and I'm open to offers. Please get in touch. 

Rory's Dad

Price dropped by £1000!!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.