Howard Steele

Radio/Entertainment

DamperMan

I use some noise cancelling headphones with Bluetooth to my phone.  The head phones where about £75 from memory.  Seams to work pretty well..   saves my ears from damage.  While getting in some chart topping tunes.    Slightly going off on a tangent but using internet radio on your phone allows you to listen to U.K. radio even when on the continent.   That was so good When I drove to Munchen back in November ( tin top) 

BugMan

Just a point on headphones while

https://www.rospa.com/rospaweb/docs/advice-services/road-safety/drivers/headphones-as-a-driver-distraction.pdf

But I too have seen lots of people wearing a pair, but I’m glad this didn’t happen to

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-life/uk-driving-law-highway-code-16825463

:westy:

RobH72
13 minutes ago, BugMan said:

Just a point on headphones while

https://www.rospa.com/rospaweb/docs/advice-services/road-safety/drivers/headphones-as-a-driver-distraction.pdf

But I too have seen lots of people wearing a pair, but I’m glad this didn’t happen to

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-life/uk-driving-law-highway-code-16825463

Strange, I can't see how that's enforceable... Most of my biker friends wear earplugs under their helmets, and those that don't have the Bluetooth intercoms normally playing music from their phones. What about the young lads in their Corsa with their 157 inch subwoofer in the boot, surely they can hear even less?

I know I'm a lot less distracted singing (badly) to a bit of Credence than I am talking on the hands free.... 

BugMan
29 minutes ago, RobH72 said:

Strange, I can't see how that's enforceable... Most of my biker friends wear earplugs under their helmets, and those that don't have the Bluetooth intercoms normally playing music from their phones. What about the young lads in their Corsa with their 157 inch subwoofer in the boot, surely they can hear even less?

I know I'm a lot less distracted singing (badly) to a bit of Credence than I am talking on the hands free.... 

I totally agree, but get the wrong plod, on the wrong day and your guess is as good as mine, all down to how fare you want to push it?

CraigHew

Hmmm, the Daily Star, enough said.......

Barnsley John

I find that the hear buds are fine driving through towns and villages also can be pulled out at a instance if you need to

But soon as you get on the open b roads etc my concentration on taking bends etc and some times the red mist  i find my brain shuts off the music and the wind noise overtakes the music untill you come to slow down fir next village

I have herd plenty of harly davids or gold wing bikes with speakers on full blast going through a village and it sounds like local fair ground ariving 

Stuart
On 11/05/2020 at 12:19, BugMan said:

This radio is available from a few UK web sights, or as I did direct from Chins, just takes longer to arrive, but about 1/4 of the price I've seen here in the UK.  Slides on on std car sterio DIN rails, 1 high.  Can also supply USB to phone I think, but check first if thats what you need?

IMG_0240.thumb.jpeg.c8264f3e92209b016a2ebdca76c06685.jpeg

I bought one if these and have to say it's suprisingly good for the money.  Cost me £22 delivered.  FM radio seems fine but only tried to tune it in the garage so far and can't get many channels.  For bluetoothing music from your phone it's great.  One caveat though.  Says it will play from USB sticks and micro SD cards.  It will, but only from the root directory.  So you can't stick all your albums in folders on an SD card and select which one you want on the device. 

Jonk179

The sound from the exhaust is gods music

• Like 1

BugMan

On the back of mine I had an external aerial sock, which you can connect to a +12 supply that comes live with the deck.

i bought a sort of flat aerial with a connector in the middle, and that was just stuck under the scuttle

hope that helps, glad it’s working for you as well

Stuart

I already had an under dash aerial which fed the 20 year old CD radio that this replaced. And I agree the exhaust is a better noise but I like a bit of variety