New FREEWheel Race, 8 and 4 versions and BlinkSTOP!

Kit Car Electronics

1 minute ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

The AIM PDM's are very easy to interface with though, so a CAN FreeWheel receiver could do that easily, and could cope with multiple transmitters...

Excellent, I phrased my other post very carefully 😂 to not mention controlling the PDM's yet, just in case it was one of those "don't mention" areas!

• Thanks 1

Yeah, with something so "at the core of everything" as the AiM PDM, like any product in that position, work life has taught me to be conservative and not live on the bleeding edge; I typically like to see a product in service life for twelve months (or more), and up to at least it's second major software release, or equivalent, before jumping onboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, to round off the set of lockdown re-designs, here is the new BlinkStop Indicator controller. I'm proud of this one, as the original unit is what started me off on this road :) 

It has picked up a lovely OEM-style sealed Molex connector and loom, still handles ANY Lucas toggle OR momentary switch inputs (now also including illuminated switches), but has added a dedicated hazard switch input as well. It works with all bulb types, so you wouldn't need any other flasher relay or ballast resistors.

Price has risen to £95 due to our VAT registration, but WSCC members will get 10% discount, of course.

BlinkStop1.jpg.6bd0689cd893110192d55441020fd607.jpgBlinkStop2.jpg.4e306ef4a6313bdc1c1ffc64e69dcda2.jpg

• Like 3

• Kit Car Electronics changed the title to New FREEWheel Race, 8 and 4 versions and BlinkSTOP!
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Mike can I order a new Freewheel 4 please do I order through here or via your website 

tia

@chriss1455 I think you just need to get a new blinkstop as above to solve your indicator/hazard woes. Has to be the most cost elective solution to you keeping your hair. 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Hi Mike can I order a new Freewheel 4 please do I order through here or via your website 

tia

Hi Gary, if you ping a quick note to info@blinkstop.co.uk then we can send you a discounted invoice, thanks 🙂🙂

49 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

@chriss1455 I think you just need to get a new blinkstop as above to solve your indicator/hazard woes. Has to be the most cost elective solution to you keeping your hair. 👍

It is now 12V tolerant on the switch pins, too, and has the hazard function built-in 

On 31/05/2020 at 09:13, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Ive just bitten the bullet and ordered one

• Like 3

You won’t be disappointed Chris.

8 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

You won’t be disappointed Chris.

Hopefully it will enable me to solve my hazard/indicator problems and i can finally get back on the road

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In the post first thing tomorrow, Chris🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ordered friday night delivered this morning, top draw service

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...