Newbie - To forum and kits

Woolley

Just keep the oil level well topped up especially if running on track..

You will really enjoy it..when we all get free again!

Rednop..just for interest why not Mazda gearbox? It's just I thought the duratec was designed by mazda and also had a similar bolt pattern..so would fit....??

6 minutes ago, Mole said:

Rednop..just for interest why not Mazda gearbox? It's just I thought the duratec was designed by mazda and also had a similar bolt pattern..so would fit....??

Yes bolts straight up. Mk3 mx5 box to duratec. However most did use the mct75. Easy to tell either the engine or the gearbox will be canted over by 10 degrees.

The mx5 is a much better box.

Welcome from South Derbyshire!

I live 2 miles from Toybox (3 kilometers in euro speak!), that's where I got my current westie from 👍

• Like 1

Happy to report it has a Mazda box 🙃

Did I mention I cant wait to pick it up! haha

Welcome to the madhouse!

8 hours ago, Woolley said:

Happy to report it has a Mazda box 🙃

Did I mention I cant wait to pick it up! haha

Glad you checked up on the gearbox the only reason I asked is the car looks a pretty standard factory supplied kit and Westfield never supplied  a duratec with a mazda gearbox they only did them with a mct75 or if you purchased a 2000s the early ones came with a elite gearbox which were made of chocolate  and some of the later ones were fitted with a quaife gearbox but it is a kit car so could have been changed at any point 

do you know what version of the mazda gearbox is fitted?

I'm really interested as its fits down the transmission  tunnel really well and the engine is sitting in the standard position  and has the transmission tunnel been modified at all to get the mazda gearbox to fit ? 

For want of a better word... BLAST! I was wrong it is a mct75... should I be worried?