STAY HOME

tex

2 hours ago, tex said:

Anyone posting about blats out.... Be responsible or this is going to last all year... We're already locked down till July... Even if this is just a week at home... No your wrong... No ones doing anything until every country is free of it... That's going to be a long stretch

Be responsible and stop blattery please for everyones sake. It'll be over quicker

Stay positive the lock down is initially for 3 weeks not 3 months so there’s a chance , all be it small, that we could be out before July . 
Im contemplating sorned for the first time and putting a hold on the insurance .

Thinking I might SORN my motorhome for a "few " months

46 minutes ago, Weekend Warrior said:

Stay positive the lock down is initially for 3 weeks not 3 months so there’s a chance , all be it small, that we could be out before July . 
Im contemplating sorned for the first time and putting a hold on the insurance .

Don't be so sure.. 63 days so far in China with their resources and iron fist lock down... Italy,, few weeks behind them.. Until the whole of the EU 🇪🇺 and the world sees significant reduction we're still locked down... Re-infection bounce back measures

I'm SORNing my "fleet" of Toys - Westfield included - for now.  It seems pointless to have all that money going out just to look at them in the garage or on the drive. 🙁 

I am fortunate to have a nearly 50 year old car that I could take on necessary travel one day should I have a need for a bit of classic motoring - as it is zero cost to tax, I shan't SORN that one.  All I need is for Mrs Marks to stop sniffling and I can count down the days to a trip to a shop!

Stay safe, everyone.

Simon

25 minutes ago, tex said:

Don't be so sure.. 63 days so far in China with their resources and iron fist lock down... Italy,, few weeks behind them.. Until the whole of the EU 🇪🇺 and the world sees significant reduction we're still locked down... Re-infection bounce back measures

Im not to sure and realise all that ,but in today’s climate with people needing something to look forward to and mis information everywhere let’s stick to the facts for now .Its a plan of measures with a 3 week review .

The term lock down imo is totally inappropriate there’s no lock down for me ,I’m  a construction worker so  it’s a bit farcical, I can still travel to and from work (in my westfield if I want) ,an hr travel either way , still go to a shop once a day ,walk my dog  and exercise outdoors . I’m being advised to stay 2m away from others when doing all this .
So construction is  deemed Essential work  ? I’m not so sure .

Back to the brighter side of life China is now reporting that it will be lifting some restrictions in Wuhan soon so keep positive folks .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Even from within my workplace where we are mostly able to Work From Home, I'm worried that far too many people are still looking for 'loopholes' to allow them to continue 'business as usual'.

Not enough personal responsibility is being taken. There's an easy way to determine if an action is 'essential' - ask yourself, 'is it essential?' If you aren't sure, then it isn't.

It looks like some are seriously going to struggle as this morning at 07.53 hrs on Sky TV a member of the public contacted a therapist stating they were going stir crazy with the lockdown and only TV and internet available.

Officially there are no binding rules as yet; just stay safe, follow health guidelines and do the 2 metre social distancing and especially avoiding unnecessary contact with the vulnerable. The 'lockdown' legislation is due to go thru The Commons on Thursday so currently is strong advisory only.

2 days of mad blatting available today and tomorrow.

It's been said that with seasonal flu 1 person infects about 1.3 others on average so after 10 days the number has risen to 14. However with the highly infectious covid-19, 1 person infects 3 others on average so after 10 days the number has risen to 59000. This is how the NHS could be overwhelmed.

With one episode of exercise allowed daily how long is one episode? For an ultra-marathon runner training it might be a 7 hr. run. Definitions needed.

Very likely the 3 week initial lockdown will become 12 weeks minimum.

I just need a VR headset to convince myself I'm on a mission to Mars and stay inside my space capsule.

6 minutes ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

Even from within my workplace where we are mostly able to Work From Home, I'm worried that far too many people are still looking for 'loopholes' to allow them to continue 'business as usual'.

Not enough personal responsibility is being taken. There's an easy way to determine if an action is 'essential' - ask yourself, 'is it essential?' If you aren't sure, then it isn't.

One large Sports shop thinks it has to remain open as a 'key supplier' ?????  Clear legislation needed.

4 hours ago, tex said:

Anyone posting about blats out.... Be responsible or this is going to last all year... We're already locked down till July... Even if this is just a week at home... No your wrong... No ones doing anything until every country is free of it... That's going to be a long stretch

Be responsible and stop blattery please for everyones sake. It'll be over quicker

Absolutely echo Texs comments, CV19 risk aside, any RTA you are unfortunate enough to be involved puts extra strain on resources and due to the lack of equipment something usually survivable may have a much worse outcome. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DonPeffers said:

One large Sports shop thinks it has to remain open as a 'key supplier' ?????  Clear legislation needed.

The problem is the government are leaving loopholes that businesses are exploiting. That along with the sheer stupidity of the public. Its pathetic

The wife works for a big orange diy store that has been deemed essential. Really? There have been massive queues all week. No one adhering to distancing, The staff are petrified. Management don't care as the tills are ringing. They should be only selling 'essential' items by click and collect items paid for in advance. But no apparently stores are to reopen tomorrow. Its a disgrace. A 'lady' was causing a massive scene at the checkouts yesterday as she was disgusted that they had changed their opening times and were closing at 5pm.

These people need to take a close look at what's happening in Italy as its coming.

• Like 2

It is a hard thing I suppose from the perspective of a business owner if you've bills to pay or lose everything... I'm glad I'm not in that situation 

On 24/03/2020 at 11:26, Steve (sdh2903) said:

The problem is the government are leaving loopholes that businesses are exploiting. That along with the sheer stupidity of the public. Its pathetic

The wife works for a big orange diy store that has been deemed essential. Really? There have been massive queues all week. No one adhering to distancing, The staff are petrified. Management don't care as the tills are ringing. They should be only selling 'essential' items by click and collect items paid for in advance. But no apparently stores are to reopen tomorrow. Its a disgrace. A 'lady' was causing a massive scene at the checkouts yesterday as she was disgusted that they had changed their opening times and were closing at 5pm.

These people need to take a close look at what's happening in Italy as its coming.

I saw an Italian lass, aged about 25 I guess, on TV still in a hospital bed having 'recovered' from covid-19 and sounding very rough breathing and coughing stating she had been thru a terrible time and everyone had to take the virus seriously.

The lady knows what she's taking about.

Even after recovery from the pneumonia covid-19 induces, some lung tissue may be permanently damaged.

As one of the co owners of a business, UNLESS things change, we fall between the gaps and as our field does include some services that are still considered essential, if we shut now, we have no help or support. So it's savings to live, and once that's gone, the street. It's as harsh as that.

Current situations are also revealing the snakes out there, we have a client refusing to properly speak and holding back a significant five figure sum. A lot of what we do can't be done remotely, because we're often the ones that have to set those links up.

Small businesses like us are desperate for the government to consider our cases, but ignorant screams about company owners and fat cats really don't help the case. We've paid staff from reserves and taken nothing as the owners. (And of course talk of relaxing corporation tax etc came just after most of us had paid it!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1