Front suspension

Paul Harveyboy

Now we have down time. What front suspension are you guys running on the front of your westfield for hill climb , sprints and fast road. 

I would like to upgrade 

Popcorn please! 😄

What setup do you have at the moment and for what reason do you want to upgrade?

I have home-made wishbones to standard track dimensions, rose jointed at chassis ends, proper spherical bearings at the uprights, increased camber correction at the top one (spacer between upright and top wishbone), and Penske 3-ways.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Penske 3-ways.

Mmmmm niiiiice - used to have a Penske 4 way adjustable on my bike (with Ohlins up front)

Depends on budget, for shocks, I’d say Protechs if you’ve got up to £500 to spend.  Then you’ve got Nitron and Quantum around £800-1200. Then the likes of Penske and Ohlins at £1500+. But the main thing is the setup of the suspension, @phelpsa has got his Protechs working brilliantly.

Rose jointed suspension isn’t a must, but it can help with a few small adjustments, for regular sort of road cars, polybush would be fine.

Do you mean wishbones or dampers? If wishbones, lots of people sell those such as Westfield, Procomp, Siltech and rally Design. if you mean dampers then the world is your oyster but you will need he correct length damper to suit your new wishbones. Then the angle of the dampers will be different dictating that you will need stiffer springs, plus the steering rack ends will need extending and a wider anti roll bar. All in all not a cheap upgrade

Paul, are you new to sprinting in the Speed Series? If so, then my advice would be to go out and do a few events with what you have, when we can get out again. And keep eyes and ears open in the paddock to see what others are doing. Only after that should you make a decision about upgrading your suspension. Otherwise I can almost guarantee that you will end up regretting your premature  choice of upgrades.

• Like 1