In Sainsburys yesterday...

Captain Colonial

...this is what greeted me in the loo roll aisle.

B348B3EF-68A9-4CD5-8357-D91F3F77F7E0.jpeg

The only loo paper left was Sainsburys own brand.  How middle class is that?  “There may be a deadly pandemic virus on the loose, but I refuse to compromise my standards and wipe my bottom with anything less than Andrex!”

No wonder we’re all in the poo - sheesh. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Similar story in North London. This is Waitrose mind, so I guess folks are content to 'scrape' by with own brand.

waitrose-toilet-roll-isle.jpg

• Haha 2

According to Stephen Fry, Sainsburys exists to keep the scum out of Waitrose....ladies and gentlemen, these photos thus illustrates the difference between your former and current chairmen! 😄

• Haha 1

15B6042A-B351-425D-8C4E-D86CAF2141D4.thumb.jpeg.ad47d7adf899cc7555980b34f4694c72.jpeg

simular story in Waitrose Milton Keynes on Saturday 9am.. only a few rolls of the essencial wipe left.. 

I must be missing something.....why the panic over bog roll??.  I reckon there’s a 12 year old internet troll somewhere wetting themselves with laughter having posted a fake report on facetwitchtube and triggered this most absurd of panic buying epidemics....

I listened to a scientist who said people see loo roll as a large item which represents value and security and makes people feel they are doing something practical.

I thought the joke was. Why does Tesco exist? To keep the riffraff out of Waitrose. Other Supermarkets are available.

Any truth in the rumour that 60mph for 5 miles in a Westfield in March will blow the virus away?

36 minutes ago, corsechris said:

I must be missing something.....why the panic over bog roll??.  I reckon there’s a 12 year old internet troll somewhere wetting themselves with laughter having posted a fake report on facetwitchtube and triggered this most absurd of panic buying epidemics....

This exactly!!

There was a manager from one of the producers of bog roll saying theyve got loads stored in the warehouses and production is carrying on as normal and he couldn't understand it!

The perils of social media.

Once people have so much bogroll that they cannot close their cupboards, the shops will restock and we'll all be able to buy some. My Good Lady is an inveterate hoarder and we have almost year's supply of some things. Luckily we have a basement...

• Haha 1

Just back from the Friday shop where we typically spend about £12. To my shame, I must confess we spent over £50 today.......the rum supply was running low so had to get a couple of litres of Sailor Jerry and Captain Morgan. Oh, and 2l of OJ. Is that panic buying? :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, corsechris said:

Oh, and 2l of OJ.

Depending on how quickly you get through that, you may wish you had bought bog roll as well!

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, corsechris said:

Just back from the Friday shop where we typically spend about £12. To my shame, I must confess we spent over £50 today.......the rum supply was running low so had to get a couple of litres of Sailor Jerry and Captain Morgan. Oh, and 2l of OJ. Is that panic buying? :)

Nope, same thing happened to me with Gin.

And beer, and red wine, oh, and tonic and lemons... and ice cubes.

• Haha 1