Advice Needed: Allowable Medication

Weathers

Good morning

Before I invest a load of time reading up and making sure I've got my car and other kit at the ready I need a bit of help.

Does anyone know much about the type of medication that needs disclosing and more importantly the type of medication that might cause a problem for entrants?

Very briefly I have a chronic back problem that means I have to take some fairly heavy duty controlled pain killers in order to function.  Whilst I have the appropriate sign-offs to be able to use the public highway I am concerned that it might be an instant "Black Flag" and stop me being able to compete.....

Happy to take this off line if it's easier.

Many thanks

Chris

When you apply for your motorsport licence, Motorsport UK will ask what medication you are taking if any and it will flag up if there is a problem during the application. Otherwise, i think it best you call them and ask for advise as I dont think we have the capacity to advise on something like medical matters.

On 05/03/2020 at 11:31, Weathers said:

Good morning

Before I invest a load of time reading up and making sure I've got my car and other kit at the ready I need a bit of help.

Does anyone know much about the type of medication that needs disclosing and more importantly the type of medication that might cause a problem for entrants?

Very briefly I have a chronic back problem that means I have to take some fairly heavy duty controlled pain killers in order to function.  Whilst I have the appropriate sign-offs to be able to use the public highway I am concerned that it might be an instant "Black Flag" and stop me being able to compete.....

Happy to take this off line if it's easier.

Many thanks

Chris

Chris

My advice would be to apply for your MSUK licence on the manual form rather than online.

I take prescribed medication and declared it when I tried to do an online application. The online application was rejected, no doubt because I had ticked a particular box so the computer said no. I did a manual application with a covering explanation and there was no problem.

Just apply on the manual form and declare your medication and if necessary provide a copy of your sign off for the public highway if you have it and I doubt you will have a problem. 

Mark

Registration for the Speed Series is free so if you need help please send me a PM