Westfield SE Wide Body - 2.0L Zetec Blacktop. (2006) -WITHDRAWN

Kent Westfield

No longer available as I decided to keep and spend a fortune on it !

Basic Spec

·        Westfield SE Widebody in Yellow

·        Brand new  2.0L Zetec Blacktop engine. 

·        Running on Twin Weber 45’s + Alpha 1D Ignition System

·        MT75 Gear Box with Short Shifter.

·        4x Point Harnesses

·        Very quick car with beautiful noise.

·        First Registered: 26 07 2006 (Q Plate)

·        5 Former owners, but I have owned the car since July 2015 (approaching 5 years)

·        I have spent a small fortune on this car in the 5 years of ownership (read below) (£3.5k spent)

·        Mileage: ~10,600 miles (I bought it with 9,200 miles)

·        MOT: Until April 2020 (Happy to renew this as part of sale)

·        All MOTs available and a ring binder full of receipts and invoices. No expense has been spared.

General History:

·        Receipts show the original kit was bought in 2001 with eventual build completion & registration in 2006. (A long time!)

·        Originally fitted with Pinto Engine but this was changed for 1.8L Ford Silvertop engine.

·        When I bought the car it had this engine fitted, but was smoking on wide throttle.

·        I bought it as a mini project car with the intention of ‘fixing the engine’

·        I used the car for the summer of 2015 as it was and then took it off the road under a SORN (2016-2018) as I started investigating the engine problem.

·        The smoking engine was low on compression on all 4 cylinders so after removing and stripping the head, all 4 cylinders liners were found to be scored.

·        As expected – It was burning oil.

·        At this point I decided to ditch the engine and start a fresh.

·        Then one thing lead to another and OCD has taken over.

General Condition:

Underhood.

·        Brand new Ford 2.0L Zetec Blacktop fitted engine (less than 200 miles ago)

·        Brand new Clutch

·        Brand new Flywheel

·        Brand new Denso 40A Alternator + Serpentine belts.

·        Brand new foam filter for carbs

·        Reconditioned Radiator (stripped, cleaned repainted)

·        Reconditioned Steering rack (Stripped, re-greased, repainted + bushes)

·        Brand new steering tie rods.

·        New Gaskets (Intake & Exhaust manifolds)

·        New Catch Tank Fitted with machined aluminium billet bracket.

·        All fasteners replaced with stainless steel bolts/ nuts/washers.

·        All assembly torques recorded during re-assembly

·        Front end chassis – Repainted.

·        Carburettors re-gasketed & rebalanced professionally at BD Engineering.

·        Coolant hoses are original ones. Nothing 'wrong' them but could do with new ones to match otherwise gleaming underhood environment.

Other Mechanicals

·        Rear Differential was reconditioned in 2015 at a cost £800 just before I bought the car. (Receipt available)

·        Brake System remain as purchased – Discs at Front. Drums at rear. Work very well with no complaints.

Interior

·        Alcantara Momo racing steering wheel (with quick release)

·        Steel sheet / carbon effect vynal dash ditched (still available)

·        New Carbon Fibre Dashboard with brand new switch gear fitted (dials not changed)

·        Navy Blue seats and carpets remain. (As bought)

·        My plan was to ditch blue seats and replace both these and the carpets - which are a little tired. (Not a fan of blue interior)

·        I have replacement seats available (black with yellow piping) – in outstanding condition.

·        But have not got as far as buying the carpets – so the seats are not fitted but come with the car.

·        This was going to be the next phase of my interior restoration.

Bodywork

·        Yellow with Chrome theme (Headlamps, windscreen, wishbones + Springs)

·        Carbon Fibre ‘back shelf’

·        Generally, in excellent condition with a few minor knocks/chips but this should be expected for the age of the car.

·        Again my plan was to go through a de-chroming process, replacing Chrome with black powder coating ancillaries.

·        This would have been Phase 3 of my project.

Wheels & Tyres·       

·        15” x 6.5 Alloy Wheels. (+Spare)

·        195 65 Tyres - in great condition.

·

Other Items:

·        Side Screens included.

The Bad Bits (Some will be addressed before sale)

·        Slight hesitation on fast right hand cornering - Car is booked into BD Engineering to fix. (This will be fixed for a prospective buyer)

·        Minor localised tear on the passenger seat (back). Plan was to replace both seats. Replacement seats available will be provided with the car.

·       Carpets 'ok' but generally a little tired.

No expense has been spared, and to be honest if circumstances were not different I would be continuing the phased refresh of this car.

I am a WSCC member and have been for several years. You will see some of my posts on here which will also give some of the live topics that I have sought help on during from front end restoration.

I will add more photos over the weeken.

Serious interest only please. I am under no desperation to sell the car so without the right price and the right home - I will not let it go.

Cheers

Fadi (07951 258 465)

IMG_0862.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0867.JPG

IMG_0871.JPG

IMG_0872.JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

• Kent Westfield changed the title to Westfield SE Wide Body - 2.0L Zetec Blacktop. (2006) -WITHDRAWN

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.