Why won’t you do Trackdays in the rain?

TAFKARM

1 minute ago, Rush Motorsport said:

The hole is supposed to be at the lowest  point….

It is - just clogs up with stones that get thrown off the front wheels on tours. Need bigger holes I guess!

2 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

Basically we should all just buy MX5s for wet days.

Agreed 😁

9425F5D5-4407-4FAF-9086-56369273AE1F.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Rush Motorsport said:

Basically we should all just buy MX5s for wet days.

After my first track day in the wet I spent a whole lot of time considering selling the westy giving up and buying a track car and a trailer and spending the left over on the kitchen. Unfortunately wall can’t have spare cars for wet days littering our drives

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pco said:

Unfortunately wall can’t have spare cars for wet days littering our drives

Honestly that’s exactly what i thought - but the Missus (surprisingly) agreed to it! It’s cheap and not that much of an eyesore

F1F2BDE8-9AFE-4141-851A-A73CCA2C1CB4.jpeg

Keevil (MSE) was closed for a few years but before it did close I and my son were booked for an airfield day in December. The day dawned with frost and traffic on the M4 was said to be building prior to Christmas so I chickened out of trailering my Westfield down there and freezing my crown jewels off all day, and took my Z3 with a hardtop on instead. Number One son had his Z4M Coupé so he was happy. If you read most forum opinions of the Z3 you'll get the impression that the handling is rubbish. Mine is a 2.2i Sport which has upgraded suspension so may not be typical, but it handled nicely on the damp and cold track with the balance between under and oversteer controlled by the throttle. I had to abandon any further runs after lunch because the brakes had gone 'long' and I had to drive it home afterwards (doesn't fit the trailer). With better brake cooling, better brake fluid and some better pads it would have been a fun car under the adverse conditions. Not in the class of even my humble SEiW Pinto powered Westfield, but even that in near freezing temperatures would have been less than ideal. Son Richard span his Z4M Coupé spectacularly with a double 360º pirouette.