Why won’t you do Trackdays in the rain?

TAFKARM

As an all weather TDer I’m of the opinion TDs in the rain make you quicker in the wet.

what are your excuses?

i remember doing a curburgh track day and i was the only car out as it was chucking it down....

my thoughts were why not, no lampost etc its the best place to learn the car.

i ran out of fuel

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don't think anyone choses to do wet trackdays.. they just happen. 😉 I've enjoyed very wet days in the past .. notably the wscc Cottesmore day where I don't think it stopped raining all day! Equally that Cadwell day a couple of years back, .. the circuit was pretty lethal in the morning.. but I survived it .. and afterwards thought it enjoyable. 

But given the choice, I'd rather not be paddling around in puddles with soggy socks and wet undercrackers all day. Give me sunshine. :sun:

30623931_2055734454638201_8826748699175550976_o.thumb.jpg.96d5c23e5820027e27c615a6a6d48670.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cause I get wet and don’t like driving with a wet A*** and trousers

2 hours ago, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Cause I get wet and don’t like driving with a wet A*** and trousers

I’m with you on that one Ian😉

8 hours ago, Andrew said:

I don't think anyone choses to do wet trackdays... 

Cough 😁

• Haha 1

I agree with Andrew, I didn't choose it but it happened anyway... It's the only time I've spun; Hullavington at the hairpin in the wet. 😲

Gyg4pzS.jpg

14 hours ago, RussH said:

what are your excuses?

We don’t all have a car with roof to use 😁

i must admit i didnt used to like wet trackdays but i did a day with a few of you guys at cadwell a few years back and it was biblical all day, i really enjoyed driving in it. i think you just need the right wet weather clothing

Yup. No such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing 😉 And it's easier to let water out of a kit car (holes in the seats and floor pan) than it is to stop it coming in!

• Like 1

At Oulton next Saturday weather not looking too good Sun Rain or Snow still the best fun cars on track...

28 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Yup. No such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing 😉 And it's easier to let water out of a kit car (holes in the seats and floor pan) than it is to stop it coming in!

True, very true. 😁

• 4 weeks later...

I did a wet day at Brands and the instructor taught me the "wet line".  I couldn't believe the difference it was astounding.  I actually learnt more on that day than I ever have on pretty much every track day I have ever done.  It was educational and the spin off backwards at Graham Hill bend on to the grass was a little "emotional" but it was a fantastic day and really taught me the value of heel and toeing to keep the rear of the car stable.  

That said now I have Tillett seats in the new car so I'm sure I'll be out with the drill o make some drainage when the first proper rainfall cometh.

• Like 1