wizzer

AP Racing master cylinder

SootySport

AP m/c has a larger cylinder bore diameter therefore it will push more brake fluid than the stock Girling version.  Pedal travel will be less and the pedal will feel harder than before so depends what kind of pedal feel you like.

From my AP m/c. Front brake pipes are the primary port nearest the pedal end.

• Thanks 1

Steve (sdh2903)

According to the specs the upgrade AP is only 0.6mm bigger bore than the standard one listed in the parts shop. Think the slight fwd bias makes more of a difference.

Greenstreak-Andy D

Calling @Westfield Sportscars Ltd - Parts Support

If there was enough interest in the AP master cylinder CP4627-3, would you offer it?

It would complement the recently re-introduced AP caliper and disc kit.

A photo taken from my old car, fitted with the master cylinder i would like to fit to my recent purchase!

1225248006_AndyMC.jpg.1318c42acd2413c21c99addcceb4db31.jpg

Thanks

Andy

jeff oakley

On my black and yellow car I had 4 pots and the AP racing MC. The brakes were fantastic in use and the rears never locked at all. 

That was due to the 60/40 split and the feel was hard.

For most people the standard MC is just fine as they don't drive fast enough to need the extra performance. The other limiting factor is tyres. I have seen a few Westfields where the brakes were so good that they locked fronts and rears regularly as the tyres simple could not generate enough grip to transfer the stopping power.

All depends on type of use really

dhutch

How do you know what diameter your current MC is? Front-rear split etc?

Are all M16 calipers equal?

On drums, rear wheel cylinders are reasonably priced and could be resized. 

Daniel

dhutch

20200216_161142.thumb.jpg.5ea10b66cd28d395362ea476b8317ec2.jpg

On 13/02/2020 at 22:35, wizzer said:

....  my girling Mc has 74660152 Q42 on it no other tag, it's got a letter s and p , s goes to front and p to rears I've read that that's the right way and also it's the wrong way,  this mc could be 50/50 split ...

Mine (1991 SE narrow) also has S to the front, P to the rear. 

Code is handly on the bottom face... but appears to be 74660152 Q 040 so similar but not the same.

When I first had the car is had a loose fitting plastic tag/loop which I think was a brown colour, but it appears to have lost that at some point. 

Daniel

20200216_162237.jpg

wizzer
5 minutes ago, dhutch said:

20200216_161142.thumb.jpg.5ea10b66cd28d395362ea476b8317ec2.jpg

Mine (1991 SE narrow) also has S to the front, P to the rear. 

Code is handly on the bottom face... but appears to be 74660152 Q 040 so similar but not the same.

When I first had the car is had a loose fitting plastic tag/loop which I think was a brown colour, but it appears to have lost that at some point. 

Daniel

20200216_162237.jpg

Mine had a brown tag as well, it was ready to fall off so I took it off and put it somewhere safe so safe I can't find it:arse:20200213_190729.thumb.jpg.0cdf918d2640e0350e91451dc190bc27.jpg

https://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=18950

Tony