Scottish Lowlands Navigation Mystery Run - Sat 1st August

BigSkyBrad

The Caterham wasn't alternator issues was it? 

Never saw any of you on way home, just a lonely ariel atom over Glenshee.... But glad the rain was very sporadic... Copped a few showers through the afternoon Wooler way. 

👍

• Like 1

What a fantastic day !! 😁🏁.. Great to finally meet everyone and put a face to the many user ids lol .. Thanks to @BigSkyBrad and Diane for arranging such and enjoyable day and showing us so many great runs for the future. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

6 miles short of Peebles when the westie decided it was all too much and got a little hot under the bonnet 🥵.. feel bad I never made it to the Final destination 🤦🏻‍♂️ But thought I best head for home. Someone kindly stopped with a supply of water so got home safe and sound ... only a starter motor down so happy with that 😂.. 

Hopefully everyone else made it home or at least to a good pub 🍻... Sign me up for next year for sure 

Thanks again Jamie and Joe 🚗 6C94A7B3-F0F6-4EFE-B173-22ECCFCA5907.jpeg.55736d1f470c78e6b9af81b668f1fff5.jpeg1440BBC9-6410-4099-BE40-B7D13A7FE8AA.jpeg.7086e286f7b6491cfd463c67e8f2ed3b.jpeg4E6AB903-AC0F-424F-B9AD-F9CE87F7CFE4.jpeg.e86aca6c066760f0b989b293768fa9a9.jpeg

• Like 6

Glad you got home safe and sound  , and you enjoyed the day out, hope Joe enjoyed it as much he certainly looked like he was.

could you email me the pictures from the run including yours in front of the castle please

• Like 1

What a fantastic day! 😁 Very grateful to Stephen for allowing me the pleasure of sitting in the nav's seat for the day, superb fun! 😎

Huge thanks to Brad and Diane for making another epic route around some great scenic countryside in the Borders.

It's always great to meet old friends and to make some new ones. Will look forward to the next opportunity to catch up.

Thanks again! 😊

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Glad you got home safe and sound  , and you enjoyed the day out, hope Joe enjoyed it as much he certainly looked like he was.

could you email me the pictures from the run including yours in front of the castle please

Yeah sure ... I’ll get the pics over to you .. think joe took a few good ones as well 

• Like 1

Can only echo previous comments, Helen and I had a fantastic weekend great tour yesterday and met some great friendly people. Special thanks to Brad And Diane for the hard work they put in. Hope to return on next event safe journey home everyone hope to meet up again soon 👍🏻👍🏻C6142706-92D4-4BEE-8B58-2DF25B36A0AD.thumb.jpeg.105dc4f3e2d2747fa6100e0eaadb9fa3.jpeg

• Like 2

Ahhh, we're home, car unpacked, and I'll give the ol' girl a sponge bath and tuck her into bed. Probably wash the car too.

Thank you to everyone who made it the day it was - going by the smiles and kind words, everyone enjoyed themselves. I strive to link as many obscure roads together as I can - I like it when people say to me that they didn't know where the hell they were! After lunch, Diane and I had to leg it to the end to meet the first cars arriving, and as we were driving along, we said to each other how we were missing out on the fun and how would we fair as a team on such a run. But the fact that everyone has appreciated our mystery days is reward enough.

Although his car is apart at the moment, Rab turned up at the finish to say hi and have a natter as the cars came in.👍

A special thanks to Alan & Helen and Alistair & Helen for making the jaunt north of the border. They weren't given body cavity searches by the border patrol and none of their cattle were stolen or raped by reivers, so they've pioneered the way for 'southeners' for next year! I don't know if Alistair is on the forum, but hopefully his Caterham is an easy fix, better still trade it for a Westfield.😉

We had an almost 100% increase in participants this year, lets make it another 100%+ on top of that next year.  Yes, there looks like there will be a next year (Aug), because Gary posted 'watch out for next years event'! Thanks, Gazza, no pressure then!😵  But seriously, the event needs more cars - as I've said before the more cars, the more fun it is, 20-25 cars would do the job nicely.

I spoke with the folks at the Barony Castle where we all stayed, and they are more than happy for us to return (they have other car groups stay too), and can put together a DB&B special group rate for us for next year, and dine us in one of their conference spaces. Plus they have a big carpark with cctv in front of the hotel, which is well into the grounds of the estate. But remember, you can just do it as a day run, there's no obligation to stay over.

On the drive home, I was already thinking of route options. In January, I'll start a new thread for 2021.

Lets make it a real good'un next year.👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I think all the previous comments speak volumes - all the right ingredients for a fantastic Westy day / weekend - superb route, good company,  quiet roads done at your own pace, without worrying about keeping up, or losing the cars up front / behind which can sometimes happen on a 'normal' run.

Its our 2nd time - fully intend to do it next year, and for anyone thinking of going, you are in for a treat. This is what our cars are made for.

All credit to Brad and Diane's skills, and attention to detail on setting the route - it will be a hard act to follow next year!.

Lets see those empty spaces on Alan and Helens great picture above filled next year!

Dave and Jen.

• Like 1