Scottish Lowlands Navigation Mystery Run - Sat 1st August

BigSkyBrad

5 hours ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Dinner booked for 8pm Saturday night 😀

Have you booked a table for the group, or should we all book separately?

I have just booked dinner for 20:00 on the Saturday. I asked and due to the restrictions each household must have their own table but they will try and keep us all together.

Take a megaphone or in my case have a couple of pints and everyone will hear me! 😃

• Haha 1

Thanks. I've just spoken to Reception at the hotel and booked a table for 2 for me and @judder at 8:00pm. I said we were part of the Westfield sports car group.

Thats my room booked at the Barony Castle Hotel on the Saturday night, small single for £68, unsure of breakfast, but I had a booking.com voucher for £20 🙂

• Like 3

8 hours ago, H.7 said:

Have you booked a table for the group, or should we all book separately?

They are asking us to book breakfast and dinner separately as there will be social distancing in the dining room 

we could all say it’s a Westfield family reunion????

• Like 1

The lunch stop will have at least three shops to buy food, two of them being packet sandwiches etc, and all three offering at least machine-coffee. There may be more open, and more variety, by then. There's also petrol and toilets too.

As we are a recognisable (and responsible) group, Scottish Covid rules apply on the day - at the start/briefing, shops etc enroute, and accomodation(?). That means respectful social distancing, and face masks/coverings to be worn in shops etc (as of July 10th). None of this will spoil our day out, it's just the times we live in! ☺️

• Like 1

We spent the day clocking up another 260+ miles doing the final run through of the route. Not in the Westfield though, too wet, that fine rain that soaks you through, so used my work-hack £900 Suzuki Swift on chinese tyres (only a couple of sphincter clenched moments).

Just a couple of tweeks to the route book, and a few additions to help keep everyone on the right track. Have already printed the emergency-lost map envelopes, and will print off the route books this week - I'll print plenty of extras for the flurry of late entrants (hint, hint). Are there any more McWesties keen for the run? - with the Wigwams and Boness  cancelled, this is likely to be one of only a coupe of runs this year to justify your toy. Just a day run or make it an overnighter and join the rest of us in Peebles. Those south of the border too, come on up, it could be the highlight of your Westfield year, there's some superb Scottish roads lined up for you.

Only four weekends to go!😁

• Like 2

There’s a big of interest on KCB and I hope it generates a few extra folk turning up

ill keep pushing it there aswell 

Just had Barony Castle confirm my booking, so I guess we’re good to go 😁

• Like 1

It's the 15th today, which means accommodation in Scotland is back on track.

Two and a half weeks to go! Anymore keen for a fun day out - day-tripper or over-nighter?

• Like 1

They allow interlopers now and again ....   :d

I have a Tiger kit.

• Like 2

Have had a couple of days to myself but thought on seeing this thread I should post.

On Friday I crashed the car. No damage to me but a fair bit to the Westy. I will be rebuilding but it will not be quick.

This means that I won’t be able to come to the navigation weekend. 

This is the second time I have had to cancel this for two differing reasons and to Brad and Diane I can only apologise most profusely.

Have a great time.

• Sad 5