Up Garage JDM heaven

TAFKARM

For the JDM fans, I went to an Up Garage today. For those who don’t know, these are a great idea! A Japanese super store selling second hand car tuning parts - literally everything, an entire floor devoted to wheels and tyres, uprated autobox for an RB25, exhaust systems, seats, ICE, so much suspension, intercoolers...

I did bring a spare suitcase with me, in case I found a full turbo set up for Lionel, but treated him to a JDM gear knob instead. 

5BD48AA9-6103-46AD-BF7F-16D619626864.thumb.jpeg.2c3a3f0f8f72a7a4c0632a6005d611fd.jpeg5F58F3CC-76F7-4E2E-A9DE-E01872676B8B.thumb.jpeg.2cf530e32e981c82c46a51ff662ad675.jpeg

• Like 3

Wow. I thought places like this only existed in the US. 
I’d better start saving for a Hakosuka or Kenmeri 😝💕

41 minutes ago, Warren Till said:

Oh. Ok. I guess it’s in Japan! Doh!

It is indeed, and I'm well jealous! Just as I am of the ready availability, seemingly in every town of speed shops and machine shops, happy to cater to the hobbiest and all levels of client, up to pro teams.

Some of you geeks would love Akihabra, capacitors and widgets galore. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, RussH said:

Some of you geeks would love Akihabra, capacitors and widgets galore. 

Ooooh, yes. Even more these days where all shipping from china is, well, on hold.

• 2 weeks later...

Reminds me of RipSpeed in London, except RipSpeed wasn't as big. But as an 18/19/20 year old I spent waaaaay too much time and money going round the North Circ to Edmonton. And if I still had any money left after that I'd keep going east to Burtons...

Ah RipSpeed, there's a name from my youth.