Track tyre pressure

Burgerbob

Hi all,

I'm sure this most have been covered before but nothing obvious from the search.  I'm looking to take my car, a road biased 1.8 zetec, on a track day soon.  Tyres are Toyo T1-R.

Based on advice from the previous owner I run then at 22psi cold, but what would you suggest as a hot track day tyre pressure?

My old tin top had Michelin PS4S tyres and Michelin recommended hot track day tyre pressures of c0.3 bar above the standard recommended cold tyre inflation pressures.

Would this be reasonable advice for the Toyos? It would take me to 26psi hot.

I was thinking (dangerous i know) I don't really mess around with pressures on a track day day and i ask my self am i missing out?

Has anyone used one of those Bluetooth cheapy valve covers things to monitor things on track? Supposed to be reasonably accurate firm video's i ve seen.  like this image.png.91526350a2b088d30261c32b3b4887eb.png 

12 hours ago, Mole said:

Around 18 psi cold as a start?

Agreed

10 hours ago, SXRORY said:

I was thinking (dangerous i know) I don't really mess around with pressures on a track day day and i ask my self am i missing out?

Has anyone used one of those Bluetooth cheapy valve covers things to monitor things on track? Supposed to be reasonably accurate firm video's i ve seen.  like this image.png.91526350a2b088d30261c32b3b4887eb.png 

What’s the point? It takes about 4 minutes to check the tyre pressures after a session... if you’re monitoring that on track, you’re not driving anywhere near fast enough for the pressures to be a concern 😄

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Johnny Phartipants said:

you’re not driving anywhere near fast enough

Known what you mean mate...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Phartipants said:

Agreed

What’s the point? It takes about 4 minutes to check the tyre pressures after a session... if you’re monitoring that on track, you’re not driving anywhere near fast enough for the pressures to be a concern 😄

I did not actually mean when going round 🙄 😁 A cursory glance down the pits after a session. 

You're assuming I have a gauge already that i can check my pressures with in the pits(I dont). 

On reflection its a non starter for me as the valve caps are massive and would look crap so it not happening