Sports Seats v Turbo’s - How Low?

LythamBrownie

Could someone help me please.....  I’m 6’ 4”, have lowered floor pans and sports seats in my Westie, but still struggle to get my legs comfortable and stretched out.

Are the Sports Turbo Seats much better at getting you lower etc.

KR

David

GRP seats are probably your best bet, a lot more comfortable than they look too!

I have just fitted sports turbo seats and at 6ft I can’t reach the pedals comfortably with the seat fully back. My seating position is also pretty low.

47 minutes ago, LythamBrownie said:

Are the Sports Turbo Seats much better at getting you lower etc.

No, they're the opposite in fact. I've never measured it, but having sat in un-modified Sport Turbo seats in a non-lowered floor pan car, I've a sneaking suspicion that Sports Turbos in a lowered pan end up sitting you not far off the same height as a Sports Seat in a non-lowered floor pan.

If lowered floor pans aren't enough for you with Sports Seats, as has been suggested, you'll probably either need to look at something like the Westfield Race Seat,  JK's, or Tillets or one of the other "shell" seat type products. (Though I've a feeling some of the Intatrim Seats might be close to as low as a shell seat).

If you are worried about comfort I can personally vouch for JKs being supremely comfortable - another of our locals @chriss1455 has Tillets and says the same. We did the alps and would spend over 10-12hrs in them some days!

Speak to our club sponsor @Tillett Car Seats 

Yeah i can vouch for the surprising comfort of tillets. I have the B6 and as chris said we were doing 10-12 hours around the alps with no more problems than what you would get in a standard car seat.

They are expensive but id got for them again in a heartbeat if the budget allowed

I find the Sports Turbo seats very upright and you can’t push them back as far as the boggo Sports seats.  JK seats for me with the padding.

• Thanks 1

On 18/01/2020 at 14:35, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

No, they're the opposite in fact. I've never measured it, but having sat in un-modified Sport Turbo seats in a non-lowered floor pan car, I've a sneaking suspicion that Sports Turbos in a lowered pan end up sitting you not far off the same height as a Sports Seat in a non-lowered floor pan.

As ever Mr Gadget is correct.  Ask me why I now need a lowered floor......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Im 6ft2 in a SW (narrow) using grp seats and am comfortable. Bit close to the top of the screen, and the side screens are worse, but also ok. However I wouldnt want to be any higher.

• Thanks 1

I'm also 6'4" and had the very same issue. I have the Turbo seat and I removed the slider and mounted the seat directly to the floor to get it as low and far back as I can and it helped a good bit.

After using it this way for some time I replaced the seat with a Tillet and mounted it directly as low and far back as I could and this was a big change. The Tillet is so thin that it allows your butt and back to be further down and back. I now have plenty of room for my long legs and I can spend hours in the car without issue. And the bonus of the Tillet is that it's much lighter than the stock seat.

In the end I think you'll find that mounting it direct, without the adjuster rails, will be your answer.

dave

• Thanks 1

Thx guys..... Tillet’s on order....  great service .. and patience from David & Kelly at NTP 👍💪

• Like 3