Jump to content

XTR2 Rebuild


Welshiejon

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Welshiejon

    29

  • Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

    4

  • XTR2Turbo

    3

  • MrPoseidon

    3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New seat mounts made and a bit more work fitting engine 

Ready for its first Road trip after the rebuild 

More progress just tidying the wiring and getting it up to spec Should be running next few days 

Posted Images

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary
On 05/04/2020 at 19:23, Welshiejon said:

Abs panel made and fitted 

abs.jpg


Using the Bosch aftermarket Competition car ABS?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Welshiejon
On 19/04/2020 at 23:51, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:


Using the Bosch aftermarket Competition car ABS?

Yes, Bosch M5 motorsport abs ,

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)
2 hours ago, Welshiejon said:

I DID WASH IT BEFORE I LEFT LOL 

 

Sorry, dont believe you.

 

Need pictures to prove it....and not just one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
MrPoseidon

Looks great and a you’ve done some amazing work to it. 
I’ve recently purchased one and would like to change from 15” to 13” wheels. What size tyres and wheel offset do you use? Thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Howsafe Workwear and Safety Equipment

great work

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Welshiejon
On 15/07/2020 at 09:42, MrPoseidon said:

Looks great and a you’ve done some amazing work to it. 
I’ve recently purchased one and would like to change from 15” to 13” wheels. What size tyres and wheel offset do you use? Thanks. 

 

This is what I rum with 185 60 13 up front and 205 60 13 rear

normally I run Extreme w3 compound for sprints and r5 on rear for track  

4 of 13"Diameter 6"wide  et 24

4 of 13"Diameter 7"wide  et 00

Link to post
Share on other sites
MrPoseidon
15 hours ago, Welshiejon said:

 

This is what I rum with 185 60 13 up front and 205 60 13 rear

normally I run Extreme w3 compound for sprints and r5 on rear for track  

4 of 13"Diameter 6"wide  et 24

4 of 13"Diameter 7"wide  et 00

Ok thanks Jon. I’m going with 205/60/13 all round ET23. I’ll see how I get on with those. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Welshiejon
1 hour ago, MrPoseidon said:

Ok thanks Jon. I’m going with 205/60/13 all round ET23. I’ll see how I get on with those. 

you don't need that wide on the front and they will take to long to get up to temp

I run wet compound even on the hottest track days

Are toy doing Snetterton on the 4th August ill be there with my xtr 2 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
MrPoseidon
10 hours ago, Welshiejon said:

you don't need that wide on the front and they will take to long to get up to temp

I run wet compound even on the hottest track days

Are toy doing Snetterton on the 4th August ill be there with my xtr 2 

 

Ok thanks Jon. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.